OP
stanleo

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are y’all favorite local stores? I like advanced aquatic pets in Belmont and one near mooresville. Can’t remember the name.
The one in Mooresville is called Salty's. There is a good one in Charlotte called Aquatica that I really like.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I was closer I would love to join a good club! It’s hard for me to get out of the mountains though. Heck I even had Nemo’s ship a scoly to me so I did not have to make the hr and half drive. Either busy or lazy from being busy

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I was closer I would love to join a good club! It’s hard for me to get out of the mountains though. Heck I even had Nemo’s ship a scoly to me so I did not have to make the hr and half drive. Either busy or lazy from being busy

Where you at bud? I feel your pain. I'm in the sticks up in Lake Toxaway NC. Wish I had more local friends. I got some cool stuff and would love a group of reefers to trade with.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have a proposal for Charlotte and surrounding. Not @h2oh2o hes outside that 48 minute boundary

I have to stock my upcoming build, I am going to swing by Nemo’s and see if he will place and order. Wondering if anyone else interested to see if we can get a group buy going.

@Bleigh , you know who most of us around here are.can you tag em to see if anyone wants in. I am hoping Kevin would do this for us.

Ps. @Silver14SS . Your urchin took off with my acro frag plug today. And, he still has a piece of shell he picked up since like day 1 on his back. That’s not what I paid for ;Jawdrop

I warned you those urchins were banished to the sump for repeated thievery! Sometimes you get what you pay for :p. If it makes you feel any better, the urchins I kept have developed bad habits as well.

ED82D338-514E-4015-AE94-FC4D7986A61D.jpeg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have a proposal for Charlotte and surrounding. Not @h2oh2o hes outside that 48 minute boundary

I have to stock my upcoming build, I am going to swing by Nemo’s and see if he will place and order. Wondering if anyone else interested to see if we can get a group buy going.

@Bleigh , you know who most of us around here are.can you tag em to see if anyone wants in. I am hoping Kevin would do this for us.

Ps. @Silver14SS . Your urchin took off with my acro frag plug today. And, he still has a piece of shell he picked up since like day 1 on his back. That’s not what I paid for ;Jawdrop

I know Kevin has an account on here, but I can't remember the username for the life of me. I know @Mastiffsrule @Silver14SS @blackbeltmom @blacktang77 in real life. Maybe a hand full more that I'm not thinking about. I hope to add some names to that list after the #RASOC party this weekend. One thing we might could consider is buying one of their bigger colonies and fragging it up among a group of people. Personally, I have yet to frag anything, so it would be a learning experience for me.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are y’all favorite local stores? I like advanced aquatic pets in Belmont and one near mooresville. Can’t remember the name.

Is the one near mooresville the other Aquatica location? I have found myself shopping at Upscale pets and Nemo's reef more frequently lately.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one in Mooresville is called Salty's. There is a good one in Charlotte called Aquatica that I really like.

I like Aquatica a lot too. If I'm not mistaken, Saltys and Aquatica may have the same owners... but I would take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I warned you those urchins were banished to the sump for repeated thievery! Sometimes you get what you pay for :p. If it makes you feel any better, the urchins I kept have developed bad habits as well.

ED82D338-514E-4015-AE94-FC4D7986A61D.jpeg
For the record, I love my urchin. He's only absconded with a few frags. Everything time I think they're securely fastened, something else comes lose.

OP
OP
stanleo

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Aquatica a lot too. If I'm not mistaken, Saltys and Aquatica may have the same owners... but I would take anything I say with a grain of salt.
They are the same owners, that's how I found out about Aquatica. I was trying to get a part for my sump at Salty's and they had it "at our other location" in Charlotte so I had to go there for it. Nice store. Where's Nemo's Reef? And Upscale Pets?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm, in Hampstead, just north of Wilmington. Getting ready to build a house in Swansboro. Hoping to be in by the end of July - and the house plans include a rendering of the new dream tank that'll be going in!
Can't wait to see the plans and that build! You can start a build thread before you actually start the build. Then you have a place to run ideas past people. Just put the link in your profile and then you get a build thread badge and people can just click on it to go to the build.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the same owners, that's how I found out about Aquatica. I was trying to get a part for my sump at Salty's and they had it "at our other location" in Charlotte so I had to go there for it. Nice store. Where's Nemo's Reef? And Upscale Pets?

I think this is Nemo's new location: 311 Unionville - Indian Trail Rd W, Indian Trail, NC 28079. and Upscale aquatics is: North, 110 Statesville Rd, Huntersville, NC 28078. C-Macs is a newer operation. I have seen some amazing inverts in there. Like, electric flame scallops, that literally light up, some beautiful tube worms and other things I didn't even know existed. Their address is: 11112 S Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28273

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you at bud? I feel your pain. I'm in the sticks up in Lake Toxaway NC. Wish I had more local friends. I got some cool stuff and would love a group of reefers to trade with.
There are a few of us up here in the mountains. I am in Asheville. A friend of mine that runs a maintenance business says there are quite a few aquarium keepers nearby, but most are pretty casual and on facebook only. I don't have facebook so no go for me. I have seen a few others like @scott11106 that are nearby as well. Maybe we could set up an Asheville R2R forum and try to recruit others?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back