looking for good economy rodi unit.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine depot has the Spectrapure 90gpd for$179.99 and with my 10% coupon it is $162. Add a gauge and a flush kit and that might be the one.

They are always my recommendation, making RODI water isn't the most complicated thing in the world, but they are true water treatment experts. With 40tds I'm sure you'd get long life and great performance out of any decent brand :)

My source water is around 75tds, I got 3+ years out of the first set of filters and changed the membrane just to freshen everything up.

Medic58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs has them at everyone’s price point. I love my rodi unit. I like having water whenever I need it

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure sale coming up!

Whoops, thought it was on whole systems too, not just filters :oops:

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at these BRS as well. I am looking more at the "Plus" version with built-in pressure gauge and two-sided TDS. Is that important or should I just get the non-plus version?
I was just listing an economical unit but if you can afford to go "Plus" go for it. TDS meter and gauge are worth it. Also if you can afford it go for the water saver (extra membrane option) less waste water.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS or Spectrapure. I have a Spectrapure 90gpd that I have added onto over the years and it has been a great investment.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back