Looking for Pink B Chalice

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just love the name..and the coral. I haven’t been able to find it since we left upstate NY to move to Colorado. Backstory is when we moved we put all our coral in the care of Matt from Green Mountain Corals in Vermont. BIG mistake..we left him with several hundred dollars worth of corals, three hundred dollars for shipping with a promise that when we got to Colorado he would ship us our corals. We also told him we were fine with him fragging anything he wished.
Well you can guess what happened…he sent us a fraction of our corals, poorly packed, second day air (claimed he was “unable to afford” next day air even though we had previously paid). This is a warning for people like me who want to believe that most businessmen are honest and will do the right thing..given the chance.:oops:
Anyway…two nice pieces of pink b chalice were among the corals he kept…and is probably still fragging. I’d love to have some of my own again, if anyone has some or knows someone who does!

Last edited by a moderator:

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just love the name..and the coral. I haven’t been able to find it since we left upstate NY to move to Colorado. Backstory is when we moved we put all our coral in the care of Matt from Green Mountain Corals in Vermont. BIG mistake..we left him with several hundred dollars worth of corals, three hundred dollars for shipping with a promise that when we got to Colorado he would ship us our corals. We also told him we were fine with him fragging anything he wished.
Well you can guess what happened…he sent us a fraction of our corals, poorly packed, second day air (claimed he was “unable to afford” next day air even though we had previously paid). This is a warning for people like me who want to believe that most businessmen are honest and will do the right thing..given the chance.:oops:
Anyway…two nice pieces of pink ******* chalice were among the corals he kept…and is probably still fragging. I’d love to have some of my own again, if anyone has some or knows someone who does!
Never heard of it….scared to ask to see a picture haha
Really surprised you can’t find it, it’s pretty easy to grow and common and not expensive $40-$80 a frag.

OP
OP
Cherie cook

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 22DDA7A7-763B-4292-86B6-C7414D34A889.png
    22DDA7A7-763B-4292-86B6-C7414D34A889.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 94

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like cultivated reef has it — a few places come up when you google.

as for the guy who stole your corals — I’m so mad for you! Did you report it on the BBB or something like that?

OP
OP
Cherie cook

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like cultivated reef has it — a few places come up when you google.

as for the guy who stole your corals — I’m so mad for you! Did you report it on the BBB or something like that?
I should have. He kind of dragged it out..kept me thinking stuff was gonna be shipped any time. But we never put anything in writing…he seemed like a great guy and had lots of local references. I was trusting and stupid. Live and learn I guess.
I’ve moved on and just really want another piece. I’ll look into Cultivated Reef.

OP
OP
Cherie cook

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have. He kind of dragged it out..kept me thinking stuff was gonna be shipped any time. But we never put anything in writing…he seemed like a great guy and had lots of local references. I was trusting and stupid. Live and learn I guess.
I’ve moved on and just really want another piece. I’ll look into Cultivated Reef.
In hindsight I would take pics of everything and make a written contract.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cherry Corals has some! Excellent vendor. ARC might have some as well

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway…two nice pieces of pink ******* chalice were among the corals he kept…and is probably still fragging. I’d love to have some of my own again, if anyone has some or knows someone who does!

Cultivated Reef gets most of my business. Ships well and acclimates well, sure they do cut to order, but I trust them. They will watch your order through the shipping process, been called by them while the Fed Ex guy passed my house, been upgraded with a freebie when one frag was going to be too small at shipping.

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like there are some bits of bubble algae dealies to the left the the skelly
Yeah -- I noticed a bit of it on the bottom of a couple of rocks. I'll definitely be getting rid of *that* before putting it in the RSR. I'm also a little disappointed in the mithrax crab for slacking.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah -- I noticed a bit of it on the bottom of a couple of rocks. I'll definitely be getting rid of *that* before putting it in the RSR. I'm also a little disappointed in the mithrax crab for slacking.
You hittin' that cough medicine still?
Wrong thread, my dear haha
However, every bubble I've found in my tanks, came right of without much effort and I was able to do it without popping any.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.1%
Back