Looking for skimmer pump upgrade

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a Bubble Magus Curve 5 for my tank but I'm not fully satisfied with the tuning and would like to throw on a DC skimmer to manage the air and pump speeds a bit more. I'm having some trouble finding a replacement though except for one which looks to use a DCA1200 pump.

Anyone have any advice on this or any alternative suggestions?

The Curve 5 comes with a SP1000 pump which is 300 L/h but I'm not entirely sure if the a replacement at the same speed would have the same inlet/outlet.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you reached out to Bubble Magnus I believe that they have a DC pump for that skimmer.

OP
OP
Benga

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya - that DCA1200 kit from fish-street is the only one that I know of as well.
Yep that's the only one I was able to find too. Wasn't sure how legit the site was but seems to be real.

Have you reached out to Bubble Magnus I believe that they have a DC pump for that skimmer.
Honestly didn't think about that. Solid idea though, I'll shoot them an email.

Reach out to Logan @Reef Breeders... he sells DC pumps for skimmers. I don't see them on the site right now but knowing Logan he's just shuffling inventory around behind the scenes. You can email him through the site or at: [email protected]
I'll shoot him an email and see if he can help out! Thanks!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get a different skimmer. Good skimmers are mostly a lucky blend between pump, contact time and body. Replacing pumps has never been a good thing, IME. Find a good skimmer with a good history and good rep and get one of those.

If that skimmer has a Sicce PSK pump, then you won't likely be able to do much better anyway. That is a great skimmer pump, just not always on a good body.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back