Looking for some stocking ideas for my 75gal

  • Thread starter Thread starter mcdrichj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mcdrichj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2019
Messages
340
Reaction score
473
Location
Rindge, NH
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 75 gal tank and I would like opinions please. Its a mixed reef (I'm slowly adding corals). Before this I had a 15 gal nano so I'm relatively new to having a bigger salt tank. Currently everyone gets along very well and I would like to keep it this way. This is why I am looking for your help!

Current stock list
2 - Ocellaris Clownfish (pair)
1 - Watchman Goby
1 - Tail Spot Blenny
1 - White tail tang
1- Lineatus Fairy Wrasse

inverts
2 - Cleaner Shrimp
3 - Tiger Conch
several bumblebee snails
several cerith snails
several limpets
2 - Halloween hermit crabs
 
So I have a 75 gal tank and I would like opinions please. Its a mixed reef (I'm slowly adding corals). Before this I had a 15 gal nano so I'm relatively new to having a bigger salt tank. Currently everyone gets along very well and I would like to keep it this way. This is why I am looking for your help!

Current stock list
2 - Ocellaris Clownfish (pair)
1 - Watchman Goby
1 - Tail Spot Blenny
1 - White tail tang
1- Lineatus Fairy Wrasse

inverts
2 - Cleaner Shrimp
3 - Tiger Conch
several bumblebee snails
several cerith snails
several limpets
2 - Halloween hermit crabs
I like watching my school of chromis in my 75. I have 5 and have had them for about a year and a half now with no fighting issues. Just need to keep them well fed and have swimming space.
 
Chromis, any of the more peaceful damsels (most Pomacentrus, Neopomacentrus, and Chrysiptera sp), more fairy wrasses (rhomboidalis, lubbocki, katherinae, briangreenei, rubeus, isosceles, brunneus, etc), smaller Halichoeres wrasses (iridis, chrysus), and leopard wrasses (meleagris, marisrubri, bipartitus, negrosensis) would all make excellent additions.

Cardinalfish also look great, and a few are easily available captive bred. Look at Pterapogon kauderni, Sphaeramia nematoptera, Zoramia leptacantha, and Apogon cyanosoma. The first 2 do better in pairs, from what I have experienced in my tanks, while the other 2 actively school with each other if kept in groups.
 
Last edited:
Chromis, any of the more peaceful damsels (most Pomacentrus, Neopomacentrus, and Chrysiptera sp), more fairy wrasses (rhomboidalis, lubbocki, katherinae, briangreenei, rubeus, isosceles, brunneus, etc), smaller Halichoeres wrasses (iridis, chrysus), and leopard wrasses (meleagris, marisrubri, bipartitus, negrosensis) would all make excellent additions.

Cardinalfish also look great, and a few are easily available captive bred. Look at Pterapogon kauderni, Sphaeramia nematoptera, Zoramia leptacantha, and Apogon cyanosoma. The first 2 do better in pairs, from what I have experienced in my tanks, while the other 2 actively school with each other if kept in groups.
Here is a link to my 75 gallon if it helps give you any ideas:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fishfreak2009s-75-gallon-mixed-reef.861568/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new