Looking for Suggestions

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help picking out a controller for my 120 gal tank. Looking at the Neptune Apex or The Reef Keeper Elite. Want to do Temp, ATO, lights, wave maker, and 2 part dosers. Also open to other controllers (if they exist). Would like to have wi-fi access to monitor the tank.

Starwar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the deal, if you're considering digital Aquatics you need to get the archon. I have the reefkeeper elite It's extremely easy to set up, with built-in wave maker functions Auto top off and everything else. In this regard it's a great unit. But honestly the network function sucks. It's extremely slow and the graphing is horrible compared to the Apex.

The elite was a decent unit for it's time but the archon is the only unit that can compete with Apex if you want network functionality.

Ps... compare digital Aquatics to AMD versus Intel. Apex has so much more R&D and components to add to the system but it's more expensive

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote would have to be for the APEX. What you listed is what you want to do now... lol I remember my list before I actually got the unit. It has doubled or tripled in size since then. I'd say, don't limit yourself. They're both good systems (I have no experience with the RKE so take that with a grain of salt), but the capabilities of the APEX are limitless...

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the Apex unit. I have tried other controllers. However I really like my Apex. You will find good support with the product, also setting it up was easy. Just down load the user guides before you order it. Then read over it, when you get your unit setup will seem second nature to you. As you will know what needs to be done next. You can't go wrong with Apex.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked into GHL at all?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back