Looking into buy a new Calcium reactor!

FLSharkvictim

PADI Divemaster / Shark Advocate
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2016
Messages
1,444
Reaction score
1,309
Location
TAMPA , FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the market for a new calcium reactor for my 120 Mixed reef Tank! I am slowing adding SPS frags on a weekly basis. I am running an Eshoops Doser w/ salve and adding ALK WHEN NEED TO BE, CAL MAG AND KALK in my Avast Kalk Reactor that is connected to my Apex with two float switches. I am getting ready to do an upgraded to a 150 gallon SC Aquarium in the next few months. I have narrowed my search to the following 4 cal reactors and I would you like hear your thoughts and some input if you run any of these 4 reactors or if you know someone that does. Also, for my regulator, I will be going with the CarbonDoser Electronic CO2 one. Let me know Reefers!


Reef Octopus VarioS 2 CR140
210821-reef-octopus-varios-140reactor_1.jpg


Ultra Reef USC 120 - $479.00
ultra_reef_ucs_120_RVjHtDdb6Kca.jpg


Vertex - Vertex RX-C 6D - $499.00
vertex-calcium-reactor-rx-6d-1-800_1.jpg


Geo Reef 610 - $480.00
CR618b-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Geo hands down. I've owned the 618 and now the 624. I also owned a reef octopus previously but my preference is Geo for its simplicity.
 
+1 on the Geo. It is top notch craftsmanship and you won't regret the purchase at all.


Corey
 
Alot of people are going to say Geo Reef and they are good, but I bought an aquamaxx for my 200 and it's awesome.
 
No doubt others are nice too.

I just like the Geo, hey are built by 1 guy who is a hobbyist too. I have been in the shop a number of times as he built my CaRx, tank, and my old beckett skimmer, and I'm considering a sump as well. Great built stuff.

Corey
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new