Best Reef Ready Builder and why

• Total voters

Nashvegas37128

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like the title, I am starting to save for a new set up and wondering who is best for build quality, customer service and value and why. Thanks!!

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends if the vendor carries a tank in the shape and size you want. I am upgrading my Red Sea Reefer to a peninsula tank and ended up with the Innovative Marine 200g because I like the dimension and size better. IM also uses aluminum stand vs wood stand. But it is not a plug and play system so I have to buy my own sump and plumbing.

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A million threads like this, and as many opinions. Also you should include Planet Aquariums, and maybe Glass Cages.

Each have pros and cons to them. Some have internal overflows, some have external. Some have refugiums, some have integrated skimmers, some have empty stands and you provide the sump. Some only make black.

You'll need to figure out your requirements. Each if the ones you list will serve you well.

OP
OP
Nashvegas37128

Nashvegas37128

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the Cade PR2 900 but, man they are pricey. Kinda want to build my own but I haven’t ever done it and it makes me nervous. I currently have a IM Fusion 40 and I like it but, I want something in the 100g range

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions will widely vary but here’s something to think about.

I’m a big proponent of buying used equipment including aquarium setups. That’s the way I got mine (RSR425XL). Always ask condition, how old, bought new or used, and why selling. Ideally someone is upgrading to a larger aquarium or getting out of the hobby. You can use the marketplace on this site or similar selling site. This can save you a significant amount of money and many times includes other equipment in the setup.

Good luck!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back