looking to upgrade

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok, so i am looking to upgrade my skimmer and CA reactor..... i know as far as skimmers go deltec and bbble king are top of the line, so i am going to go with probably a deltec for my skimmer....

now as far a CA reactors i have a life reef LCR2 and i am just not happy with it... i was either looking at getting a GEO or a Deltec....

my questions
1- is there a problem with the deltecs or the GEOs?
2-which is easier to dial in,
3-which is easiest to work on(clean etc)?
4-which is more reliable?
5-which one would you use?
6-why?

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what is wrong with your Life Reef. We have been using them for years without any issues. TIA

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will not use another deltec calcium reactor had to many problems with the pumps

the skimmers are nice but you can get a h&s for the same price with a 2 year warranty

calcium reactor i have used

schuran
geo
deltec
knop
lifereef
mrc

and went back to the geo

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H&S skimmer and deltec calc reactor is what I have now and works great-

OP
OP
sdietz2469

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i get it all dialed in and then week later it is all messed up again and either melting the media or my alk is bottoming out, i will fix it ant then it will air lock.... just having problems, and i want something a little less trouble to mess with it than trying to get it to work right every day.... running it on my 120, think i just got 1 to big should have bought the LCR1.... just not happy..... any ideas?
shane

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, in terms of size, I dont think you can have too large of a calcium reactor. It just holds more media, and you have to fill it less frequently.

Ive got a GEO 624 (for my larger system in the works) running on a 100 gallon total volume system without any problems. I would guy a geo again and again.

One thing to note about ANY skimmer, reactor, etc.

If possible, put unions, and ball valves in between pumps etc., so you can remove pumps, and drain them without having to lug huge full skimmers to the sink for maintenance. However, sometimes thats hard to do, if the plumbing is metric.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry bro I am not a resident pro when it comes to calcium reactors. I do however love my Geo Reactor.

Back