Lori's Nano in 90 - 2014

Lori Lynn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just going to start this thread on the computer, and then will upload a photo once my tank arrives. I just ordered a tank yesterday, so hopefully it will get here before July 1. I just found this contest, so clearly, I am behind a lot of contestants, but I am going to give it a whirl!
 
I received my tank on July 2, 2014 after getting a sweet deal on Drsfostersmith.com. I built the stand and leak-proofed my tank that night. On 7/3, I went to my LFS and picked up 20 lbs of live rock and some live sand. I aquascaped and added water. Half of the water from one of my existing tanks and the remainder, water I had prepared in preparation of my tank's arrival. The water has settled a bit over night, but it still has a ways for it to go.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 198
Updated photos and tank build

I went out of town right after I set up my tank. When I got back, it was done cycling, as I had used live rock, live sand and about 50% water from an existing tank. I did some rearranging of the aquascaping, as I had re-thought it while I was on the road. Once I got back, the tank was a little cloudy still, so I did a water change, although the water was testing fine. Right before I had left, I had taken a few cuttings from one of my existing toadstools. It has since attached to a shell, so I added that to the build. In hind sight, I should have made the cutting a little larger. I had fragged one of my mushroom colonies, so I added a mushroom that I already had on hand. I haven't taken the time to do the math yet. I went to a LFS and had scoped out a black and white clownfish and a snowflake clown, so I scooped them up and added them to the tank. While I was there, I got a sweet deal on a grab bag of mostly mushrooms and some zoanthids. I will post a receipt shortly. I also went on to blue zoo aquatics and ordered myself some corals and an anemone. That score arrived Thursday and I have added those to the tank as well. Things are coming along nicely. I tried to upload these and post them on my phone and didn't have any luck. I had to hunt down a non-work computer to get this accomplished. : /
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 177

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new