Losing battle on gha

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all rocks are clean after dosing Monday for 20 gallons.
This stuff works!
image.jpg
Glad to hear your tank is on the mend... amazing stuff right? I was going to drop some into my display today the new orphek is causing a minor outbreak. :p

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys...it's gone. So much so I'm worried my CUC will run out of food lolz. One dose of flux rx and only 9 days later it's gone. phosphates at .08 as of last night. Not a lot of cleanup. Going to do a water change in a few days.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered some of that Flux Rx.. I think a lot of my problems were from using RO (not RODI) water and over feeding, both of which have been remedied. Manual removal, chaeto, and chemipure blue just aren't getting the results fast enough. Think I'll do a couple more weekly water changes then give the stuff a shot. Glad to hear some folks have had success with it! I have about a dozen frags sitting in a rack because there's so much GHA/turf algae covering the rocks at the moment :(

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered some of that Flux Rx.. I think a lot of my problems were from using RO (not RODI) water and over feeding, both of which have been remedied. Manual removal, chaeto, and chemipure blue just aren't getting the results fast enough. Think I'll do a couple more weekly water changes then give the stuff a shot. Glad to hear some folks have had success with it! I have about a dozen frags sitting in a rack because there's so much GHA/turf algae covering the rocks at the moment :(
Just dose small amount. You won’t be dissatisfied

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much of a water change did you do at the end?
Well here’s what I actually did.

1. did initial water changes and scrubbed rocks in waste water to get as much gha off as possible

2. took our all chemical filteration. (Put back in I think day 4-5)

3. Dosed flux rx for 20 gallon amount only one time.

4. within a week it was all gone so I’m doing a water change 2 weeks since dose (today) and doing 25% change

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flux RX worked great for me too, but came back a few weeks later (even though I don't have a nutrient issue). Sigh...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back