No I missed that part good to know for future patterning

maybe it’s not cyano, uv suppresses most matted invaders helpfully

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well last resort ... Tetracycline for fresh water fish, antibiotic. I cant remember if its Number 1 or Number 2. aerobic or anaerobic. It is # one or # 2 . If you have Red Slime its not algae. Its Bacteria. May not be safe for animals in the tank. Remove them first.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano- chemiclean-you say you tried it twice and it did nothing-then I'd say it's not cyano.
Is it worse at night and not as bad in the morning-dinos. UV kills dinos(well all but one kind).
Want to mention 1 other possiblity-combo- diatoms with dinos at same time or diatoms and cyano(but chemiclean would kill the cyano part, which didn't happen for you).
Someone asked for pictures in white light, you posted them in blue light, can you get some in white light?

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano- chemiclean-you say you tried it twice and it did nothing-then I'd say it's not cyano.
Is it worse at night and not as bad in the morning-dinos. UV kills dinos(well all but one kind).
Want to mention 1 other possiblity-combo- diatoms with dinos at same time or diatoms and cyano(but chemiclean would kill the cyano part, which didn't happen for you).
Someone asked for pictures in white light, you posted them in blue light, can you get some in white light?
They're same all day and night long. I just battled dinos in my main tank and some small cyano is creeping up so I'm trying to be proactive.

Chemiclean works for like a day - where stuff clears up nicely and than overnight it's like where did this come from !

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to learn more...

This is all preparation for my larger tank in the future.

In my tank in which I just beat dinos... I think. I realized how much potential phosphate is trapped. Before my last water change I had >.03 ppm and after my change I dosed a little phosphate to counter the drop from water change two days later I tested at <.1 by only feeding 1 cube a day. I am imagining that my rocks and substrate are releasing locked phosphate. I'm wondering if I should be doing anything to remove ? Or just let it cycle and maybe do an extra water change

As for my frag system. I'm going to put a lot of effort to baste and than suck remnants out with the baster.

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolute last resort- chemi clean. This will wipe out your red slime but also wreck your skimmer for a while. So double edge sword if you will.

Back