lost fish, and water changes.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ballyhoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ballyhoo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Messages
840
Reaction score
228
Location
san diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I do my water change. It's kind of old-fashioned. I have the big three-quarter inch tube and I put one in a 5 gallon container in the other underneath the surface water of the tank first I suck into the outgoing tub and quickly put it in the tank and the water rushes in. In this instance in the process, I noticed a thud and looking, I'm missing one clown fish in the tank. So there it is. You know in the past I've lost small fish. I never knew where they went. Kinda like I have all these mismatched socks. Where do all the socks go?

IMG_8605.jpeg IMG_8606.jpeg
 
was the fish ok?
 
I’m voting it’s ok!
 
The way I do my water change. It's kind of old-fashioned. I have the big three-quarter inch tube and I put one in a 5 gallon container in the other underneath the surface water of the tank first I suck into the outgoing tub and quickly put it in the tank and the water rushes in. In this instance in the process, I noticed a thud and looking, I'm missing one clown fish in the tank. So there it is. You know in the past I've lost small fish. I never knew where they went. Kinda like I have all these mismatched socks. Where do all the socks go?

IMG_8605.jpeg IMG_8606.jpeg
could've been worse and ended up in you mouth if it was truly old school siphoning.
I used to use a hand pump, then a AI pump to be quick. both just threw water everywhere and now I just use a 1/2 gallon pitcher. scoop out X amount and pour back in X amount.
 
I still drink a little salt water myself, I’m using the paul B method on my body 😂
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new