Lost goby

Carl C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever just had a fish disappear? My goby was pretty big , almost 4” and super active always “sifting “ haha ! I have a 150g and only 3 other fish , and now he’s just gone ... looked everywhere

D3500318-DEB0-4D69-B5B9-4D8035EC54D4.jpeg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the years I've had several fish vanish. I actually had a goby, although not as big as yours, that I would only see about once a month.
Do you have a lid on the tank? If not it could've possibly jumped out.

OP
OP
Carl C

Carl C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the years I've had several fish vanish. I actually had a goby, although not as big as yours, that I would only see about once a month.
Do you have a lid on the tank? If not it could've possibly jumped out.
No lid , I’ve looked around tank .... hmmmm

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobies are notorious jumpers. If he didn't jump there is a strong chance he eventually will. Highly advise you get a lid to protect all your fish. They are also adept at hiding. If you have a dog or cat and he did jump, ooppps!

OP
OP
Carl C

Carl C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobies are notorious jumpers. If he didn't jump there is a strong chance he eventually will. Highly advise you get a lid to protect all your fish. They are also adept at hiding. If you have a dog or cat and he did jump, ooppps!
True I do have dog&cat

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few fish vanish randomly and come back but those were wrasses and a pearly jawfish. If you don't have a lid it could've jumped most gobies are great jumpers.
Hope you find them though

kingjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few fish vanish randomly and come back but those were wrasses and a pearly jawfish. If you don't have a lid it could've jumped most gobies are great jumpers.
Hope you find them though
Has anyone ever just had a fish disappear? My goby was pretty big , almost 4” and super active always “sifting “ haha ! I have a 150g and only 3 other fish , and now he’s just gone ... looked everywhere

D3500318-DEB0-4D69-B5B9-4D8035EC54D4.jpeg

Years ago, I had a Tanganyikan cichlid, a female Neolamprologus cylindricus, disappear. I scoured the rug, filters, etc., and finally gave up. I was doing some tank maintenance 2-3 weeks later, and when I moved a snail shell that had been partially covered in substrate, she shot out and rejoined her male companion. Her body had a crescent curve to it for a few days, but she recovered and lived for many more years. Have you checked around your rocks and substrate to see if perhaps he buried himself and couldn't dig back out?

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my diamond goby jumped, my girlfriends dog ate it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back