OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! The blenny is looking good. Also looks almost identical to mine too. I really enjoy them and their weird personalities. Also that's a beautiful angel.
I’ve been looking at some threads with Midas’ and they all look identical like if it was the same fish jumping around tanks.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I thought it would be fun to show what I hope the tank looks like coral/color wise. For now this is my plan on how it will look. I was originally going to use @gatohoser ‘s method of using sticky notes but I thought it would be fun to have the look of the actual coral on it. The first pic would be the left side with the second being the right with the third a side view of a specific rock. Some coral overlaps from one side to the other so I just figured I would incorporate it on both pics. (FYI the edge of the pic is not the actually the surface or the sand edge I just needed to crop the pic a bit to fit all.)
1670976661877.png

1670977048744.jpeg

(Unfortunately the colors fade here)
1670977157589.jpeg

(My utter chaos zoa rock aka Chaos Rock :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: )

In the first picture there are Zoanthid‘s in a circle form and that’s because I’m wanting to buy a rock that fits there with the Zoas on it. I also have a spot(s) for a RFA but since I know it’s going to move around I’m not even gonna bother to place it somewhere lol. I’m interested in seeing what my clownfish decide to host (sorry be hosted by) in the tank. On one side there will be a Euphyllia Garden and an other a Alveopora Garden. So they would need to choose. Hopefully everything goes as planned. I’ve been planning this for months on end so if anyone has any pointers or wants to recommend me a coral (pls pls :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:do) let me know.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I thought it would be fun to show what I hope the tank looks like coral/color wise. For now this is my plan on how it will look. I was originally going to use @gatohoser ‘s method of using sticky notes but I thought it would be fun to have the look of the actual coral on it. The first pic would be the left side with the second being the right with the third a side view of a specific rock. Some coral overlaps from one side to the other so I just figured I would incorporate it on both pics. (FYI the edge of the pic is not the actually the surface or the sand edge I just needed to crop the pic a bit to fit all.)
1670976661877.png

1670977048744.jpeg

(Unfortunately the colors fade here)
1670977157589.jpeg

(My utter chaos zoa rock aka Chaos Rock :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: )

In the first picture there are Zoanthid‘s in a circle form and that’s because I’m wanting to buy a rock that fits there with the Zoas on it. I also have a spot(s) for a RFA but since I know it’s going to move around I’m not even gonna bother to place it somewhere lol. I’m interested in seeing what my clownfish decide to host (sorry be hosted by) in the tank. On one side there will be a Euphyllia Garden and an other a Alveopora Garden. So they would need to choose. Hopefully everything goes as planned. I’ve been planning this for months on end so if anyone has any pointers or wants to recommend me a coral (pls pls :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:do) let me know.
Very cool. Almost better than a real reef. JK

I would say that for me RFA’s never move. Literally one of mine has refused to leave despite it no longer being in the light. They’re so easy it feels like cheating haha.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since I only have a few fish in the DT rn I thought of adding a small goby or something along those lines. But I don’t know how much bio load a 2” fish adds though. If I do get a goby I would get a Dracula or YWG. @lion king what do you think would be the best choice? I’ma post a thread regarding this too if anyone wants to chip in.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say hardly any. They’re almost more like scavengers grabbing the food that gets to the bottom. I’ve been tempted on a Dracula as they are stunning myself but probably not as my one eyed orange spot has been through enough. Are you getting a pistol too?

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say hardly any. They’re almost more like scavengers grabbing the food that gets to the bottom. I’ve been tempted on a Dracula as they are stunning myself but probably not as my one eyed orange spot has been through enough. Are you getting a pistol too?
Don’t think so. I think they aren’t worth the trouble after some thinking. Maybe though I don’t know.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since I only have a few fish in the DT rn I thought of adding a small goby or something along those lines. But I don’t know how much bio load a 2” fish adds though. If I do get a goby I would get a Dracula or YWG. @lion king what do you think would be the best choice? I’ma post a thread regarding this too if anyone wants to chip in.

Not my real area of expertise, although I have kept the yellow watchman and really enjoy them.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@blaxsun what do you think Dracula or YW? Btw I realized I haven’t followed your thread! I mean I have watched it but not actually said I followed. That’s now fixed and I’m enjoying all you have posted and I’m ready for more :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@blaxsun what do you think Dracula or YW? Btw I realized I haven’t followed your thread! I mean I have watched it but not actually said I followed. That’s now fixed and I’m enjoying all you have posted and I’m ready for more :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
YWG are fairly common, so I'd opt for a Dracula myself.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YWG are fairly common, so I'd opt for a Dracula myself.
Ok here’s one I think may have you think a bit more: Midas Blenny w/ Lawnmower Blenny? :thinking-face:

I’ve been having a few algae issues with some tough green algae and I’ve given thought to a Lawnmower but don’t know if my Midas would be too happy. A few disputes but works long term?

Also do you think a Lawnmower would like Cyano? A welcomed side by me to his green algae platter.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here’s one I think may have you think a bit more: Midas Blenny w/ Lawnmower Blenny? :thinking-face:

I’ve been having a few algae issues with some tough green algae and I’ve given thought to a Lawnmower but don’t know if my Midas would be too happy. A few disputes but works long term?

Also do you think a Lawnmower would like Cyano? A welcomed side by me to his green algae platter.
Depends on the tank size I never had any success keeping lawnmower blennies long-term in smaller tanks (ie: 25 gallons), but I'm on my 4th lawnmower blenny now ("Rigel IV") and he's fat, plump and doing awesome in the 160-gallon.

Our midas started out in a 25-gallon and has been with us ever since (over 2 years now).

The two are very different fish so cohabitation doesn't seem to be an issue (they each stick to one side of the tank). The midas won't touch algae and the lawnmower won't leave it alone (not sure about cyano, as it's not something I've ever had in my tank.

The one thing the both share in common is their desire and fondness for barnacle "hotels" (especially if they have multiple entrances).

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the tank size I never had any success keeping lawnmower blennies long-term in smaller tanks (ie: 25 gallons), but I'm on my 4th lawnmower blenny now ("Rigel IV") and he's fat, plump and doing awesome in the 160-gallon.
Yea it’s 4 foot long 91 gallons well technically 73 DT since sump doesn‘t count for fish space.
The two are very different fish so cohabitation doesn't seem to be an issue (they each stick to one side of the tank
I’ve heard some peeps have had problems aggression wise between the two so hence my question. But if your word is as good as gold I may pull the trigger.
not sure about cyano
Well there is a first time for everything he may have a taste for it idk lol.
The one thing the both share in common is their desire and fondness for barnacle "hotels" (especially if they have multiple entrances)
I don’t have any atm but since my rock is CaribSea life rock there are a lot of holes. My Midas has his spot in a vertical hole in one of he arches. I mean he could decide to live in one of the holes long term but I don’t think that when he is fattened up he would fit lol. So if the Lawnmower can find a hole big enough or just a good sized cave for himself fingers crossed no problems.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back