Loud Waterbox- Too Much Flow?

selenahs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just set up my waterbox 100.3 and the overflow is really loud. I know this is a common problem, but I can't seem to tune the valve and pump to silent. I am running a pretty large pump for my setup, (simplicity 2100 on about 100 gallons of water), but i have it turned all the way down. When I took 4 cups of water out of the top display, the gurgle stopped for a minute, before starting again as the water level rose again. Does this mean I'm running too much water through my overflow box and that's why it's loud. If i cut my weir teeth lower would that solve it as the display's water level is dropped? Or do I just need to try harder with tuning my valve.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try harder. I’ve learned the sound is different for too high vs too low. A more rapid higher tone trickle is too low (close the valve) and a deeper hollow sound is too much (open valve).

If removing water stopped the sound, then it is too high, so open the valve. When fine tuning it can take quite awhile for the adjustment to take affect.

Mine falls out of sync every few weeks and I have to turn the valve a few mm. After an hour or so it goes quiet again.

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible that the flow is too high-- if you would like some assistance, please feel free to reach out to our support team by sending an email to [email protected] and they will be able to assist you ASAP.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back