Lovemyreef's 32 biocube

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We plan on keeping some coral, a pair of storm clownfish and maybe an anemone. As with all builds, live stock choices might change, lol.

A 32 and 750xxl, I'm so jealous!
Dido!
AS for live stock, I am almost sure this may not work so I'll use it as a book mark to follow:)
FB_IMG_1549243964866.jpg

OP
OP
Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get that. It is a great reason. When the Betta passes (it is near, he is old) I may set it up as my first ever tank with sand. Thinking gobies / shrimp pair just because I have never owned them and the kids would love it.
I Love betta's, do you have any pictures? I'm sure your kids would love that! I know our 3 year old is excited to have another tank. As soon as I started cleaning it she told me, Daddy is going to go get another fish now. Lol.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome on the journey with the biocube. I"ve got a 29 gallon and love it! I think you definitely made a good choice in going with the 360 over the 160 (currently have the 160 on mine and feel it's not enough. My 2 cents regarding the build:

1) DEFINITELY change out the return pump, i'm not sure what comes stock with the 32, but I had a maxijet 1200, and it just didn't seem like enough, I"ve since retro fitted a Sicce 3.0 and the tank was much much much happier.

2) With the kessil, I"d recommend the spectral controller. I did NOT have one on my tank, and really feel it would have benefited from a light schedule rather than a manual on/off.

Will be watching!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Love betta's, do you have any pictures? I'm sure your kids would love that! I know our 3 year old is excited to have another tank. As soon as I started cleaning it she told me, Daddy is going to go get another fish now. Lol.

Some older pictures here. There is no longer a light or a heater. The plants are the only filter.

OP
OP
Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome on the journey with the biocube. I"ve got a 29 gallon and love it! I think you definitely made a good choice in going with the 360 over the 160 (currently have the 160 on mine and feel it's not enough. My 2 cents regarding the build:

1) DEFINITELY change out the return pump, i'm not sure what comes stock with the 32, but I had a maxijet 1200, and it just didn't seem like enough, I"ve since retro fitted a Sicce 3.0 and the tank was much much much happier.

2) With the kessil, I"d recommend the spectral controller. I did NOT have one on my tank, and really feel it would have benefited from a light schedule rather than a manual on/off.

Will be watching!
Thanks for stopping by! My husband was literally telling me the same thing with the light when we got it. The store said the 160 would be enough but he wasn't convinced so we went with the 360. @DSC reef you were right as always lol:p. He also wants to get that controller too. Yea we are definitely going to change the return pump now. Thank you for your input:)

DraggingTail

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Will be watching!
Sicce 3.0. you must have that turned down. I can about power wash with mine at 3' head height.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce 3.0. you must have that turned down. I can about power wash with mine at 3' head height.

Oddly enough...no, it's on full blast. However, I have it hooked up to a loc-line splitter, and then it's running dual RFG's on them (random flow generators). Between the sizing down of the tubing to come back into the main display, and splitter, and then the RFG's, it dials down the flow a bit. When I first hooked it up though, I had it running on only 1 RFG, and it was basically creating a whirlpool in my tank!

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I have three BioCubes, two 14g and two 29g. We are building a in-wall 125g in the living room, backed up to the "reef room".
One 29g is my wife's, which inhabits green carpet anemone and a bubble tip. A paired clownfish resides in the bubble.
I've turned the other Biocubes are now in the fish room as Q/T for coral's and small fish, the 14g as a hospital tank when/if needed.

The cubes are a great all-in-one, ready built system, no needs for a sump or seperate reactors etc...

Following, and have fun with the Biocube !

OP
OP
Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. It seems like a really cool tank. Looking forward to getting it running soon. Really surprised at how bright the kessil is. Looks like we will be upgrading the return. Not sure what were going to do for an extra powerhead yet. I will keep everyone updated:D

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did crabs miss this!!??!! Jeez you turn 30 and the mind starts to go. Following along so I know when to send you all these little guys;)
83E9pr3h.jpg

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I have three BioCubes, two 14g and two 29g. We are building a in-wall 125g in the living room, backed up to the "reef room".
One 29g is my wife's, which inhabits green carpet anemone and a bubble tip. A paired clownfish resides in the bubble.
I've turned the other Biocubes are now in the fish room as Q/T for coral's and small fish, the 14g as a hospital tank when/if needed.

The cubes are a great all-in-one, ready built system, no needs for a sump or seperate reactors etc...

Following, and have fun with the Biocube !
Here is a picture from my Biocube after 3 months operating. I'm enjoying it. I hope you enjoy yours.
20190131_162146.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back