Lovemyreef's 32 biocube

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My build finally starts! The tank is a 32 gallon bio-cube that my husband @DSC reef found for a great price (free):p After cleaning it up a bit and leak testing, the tank is in great shape. Please bare with me as this will be a slow build and will be a while before it's wet. I'm going with Tampa Bay live rock and reef flakes for sand. After seeing so many cool hitchhikers from members threads, tampa bay live rock is all I want to use. We plan on keeping some coral, a pair of storm clownfish and maybe an anemone. As with all builds, live stock choices might change, lol.
So far here is what I've got...
Biocube 32
Kessil A360WE with mounting arm that we just bought. Still need to get a powerhead for additional flow. We will be using the stock return pump for now. I will post more as the build progresses. @KJ if we end up with a bobbit worm I'll send it you;)
Resized_20190203_185759.jpeg

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very excited to be following along!

We will officially have led lighting and halides ;Hilarious I'm completely surprised at how bright that kessil is. There will be some light spill but I think the 360 WE was good choice over A160.

I've been really happy with my kessils (even though they are the lowly 160's lol). What height do you have it mounted at? iirc you can mount it as low as 6.5" off the surface without any significant hotspots.

OP
OP
Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! It’s such a great little tank. I’d go ahead and upgrade the return pump tho before you start it up. The stock one just doesn’t put much out.
We did talk about changing it. Do you have any suggestions on a good pump?

OP
OP
Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very excited to be following along!

I've been really happy with my kessils (even though they are the lowly 160's lol). What height do you have it mounted at? iirc you can mount it as low as 6.5" off the surface without any significant hotspots.

Yay, more followers! Thank you for stopping by

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did talk about changing it. Do you have any suggestions on a good pump?

Ya only reason I say that is because they are very cheap to upgrade and well worth the extra flow. I use the Sicce 1.5.

Btw, I have same tank as you and have ran the sicce for 3 years now no issues. I bought 2 so I can swap them out for cleaning with ease.

OP
OP
Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure you already have more followers than my build thread lol. I know you didn't ask me this, but I really like the sicce syncra silent pumps for aio tanks.
I'm not to good with brand names like my husband but I have heard of sicce. We will have to look into them thank you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back