Low Pressure Fountainhead RO/DI Unit

Cetus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having trouble trying to get my Fountainhead RO/DI filter rated at 75 GPD to work properly and I'm at the point now where I'm getting around 30 PSI on my pressure gauge and the purified water is taking hours just to fill a 5 gallon bucket. I have no idea what could be the issue as my hose pressure is what I assume to be high enough when testing it with the normal tubing. I don't know if its a problem with the flow restrictor because the site said I didn't need to really mess with it if I had a manual flush valve which came installed on it. I'm stumped.

The system came with the following:
ASV Valve installed
Manual Flush Valve installed
Ball Valve installed
and Flow Restrictor installed

I only ever tampered the tubing to add the pressure gauge and the TDS Monitor and screwing in the housings and filters. The filters should be installed correctly too but I'll do a pass on them just in case but I doubt it'll fix anything. This is getting frustrating and I could really use any help if anyone's experienced with this system.

Specific Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound like you need a booster pump

give this a look

OP
OP
Cetus

Cetus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

give this a look

Hmm... Is this the only solution? I would think my pressure was high enough but I dunno for certain. I don't want to go spend more money if there's a simple fix I'm not seeing. But then again I really don't know what else to do here. I'll look into it I guess.

OP
OP
Cetus

Cetus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

give this a look

Would this work for my system? It seems to be the only 8800 on Amazon but its also a lot cheaper than what I see on BRS. Would this work for a Fountainhead 6 Stage RO/DI System for 75 GPD?

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should work. You need to have 65-80psi coming out of the faucet for your RO/DI unit to give you a good product/waste ratio. I have 75psi out of my faucet and have a 1/1.3 ratio.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back