Low rodi psi?

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. We got our Aquaticlife classic 100 gpd 4 stage unit today and I got it installed. When I was flushing the system, I was very impressed with how fast we were getting water.

Once I installed the DI cartridge, I'm getting just a tiny amount. I had a 50 gpd system and thought that was why it was too slow. This new one seems to be making the same amount. Hours to make a 5 gallon buckets worth.

Here's the guage, just right below 40 psi. Do I need to get a booster? Anything else I can do to make water somewhat faster?

I plan to do roughly 10 to 20 gallon water changes on our 75 reef.

Thanks!

20210408_150512.jpg

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. We got our Aquaticlife classic 100 gpd 4 stage unit today and I got it installed. When I was flushing the system, I was very impressed with how fast we were getting water.

Once I installed the DI cartridge, I'm getting just a tiny amount. I had a 50 gpd system and thought that was why it was too slow. This new one seems to be making the same amount. Hours to make a 5 gallon buckets worth.

Here's the guage, just right below 40 psi. Do I need to get a booster? Anything else I can do to make water somewhat faster?

I plan to do roughly 10 to 20 gallon water changes on our 75 reef.

Thanks!

20210408_150512.jpg
Have you checked what the water pressure of the house is? You can buy a cheap gauge at most big box stores to put on a hose connection. I am on a well and only have about 45 psig water pressure at the tap so use a booster pump. If you have more at the tap (70+ psi) maybe there is an issue in the RODI plumbing causing the drop. My booster pump makes a huge difference in the output.

Back