LPS Mesenterial Filaments?

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals have been going down one by one for the past few weeks. Are these mesenterial filaments or something parasitic? Thanks in advance for your support here, R2R world!

181128113738606.jpg

OP
OP
stacksoner

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started looking under duress when I shut down my flow pumps for cleaning. There was a hazy cloud surrounding it. I dipped it in bath mixed with every aquarium antibiotic I own and then gave a quick Bayer dip before fw and back in the tank.

I wonder if my tears caused a salinity spike ;Bookworm

OP
OP
stacksoner

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to follow up here and share a pic of the full recovery. This beautiful bright yellow coral was about to be down for the count. There was red flesh and bone showing at its worst. I thank you all for helping me save it.

MVIMG_20190212_162256.jpg

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to follow up here and share a pic of the full recovery. This beautiful bright yellow coral was about to be down for the count. There was red flesh and bone showing at its worst. I thank you all for helping me save it.

MVIMG_20190212_162256.jpg

What did you do? I’m having the same issue? Just leave it alone?

C7B13CDB-8E22-4956-ABCF-8F1BA89A79A7.png

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is 100% mesenterial filaments and 100% normal. Thats part of the feeding and defense process. The sweeper and or polyps do the catching, the white “guts” do the digesting. Called extracolenteric digestion when it happens outside the body Of the coral.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is 100% mesenterial filaments and 100% normal. Thats part of the feeding and defense process. The sweeper and or polyps do the catching, the white “guts” do the digesting. Called extracolenteric digestion when it happens outside the body Of the coral.
Thank you! I’ve been researching the hell out of this! I’ve never seen it before? I thought it was a Nudibranch? Thanks for responding! I’ve had the favia for year and never noticed. I posted on Facebook as well and came to the same conclusion. Thanks again I really appreciate it!

OP
OP
stacksoner

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’ve been researching the hell out of this! I’ve never seen it before? I thought it was a Nudibranch? Thanks for responding! I’ve had the favia for year and never noticed. I posted on Facebook as well and came to the same conclusion. Thanks again I really appreciate it!

Ime , They will respond this way because of chemical Warfare , something close or just in the tank.
They can also respond this way due to a pollutant or funk like when you stir up the sand too deep.

I did some iodine dips and a lot of water changes, focusing on the quality of the water and salt I used. I tried to leave it alone as much as possible and provide it with a clean,stable environment to live in.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some iodine dips and a lot of water changes, focusing on the quality of the water and salt I used. I tried to leave it alone as much as possible and provide it with a clean,stable environment to live in.
There completely gone now! Not sure what I did?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back