**!!! LRO Sizzling Summer Sale!! Sunday, July 16th $1, $5, $10 CORAL! GAMES! GIVEAWAYS!!**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anyone into chalices?

_58A7055.jpg
_58A7032.jpg
_58A7041.jpg
_58A7044.jpg
_58A7064.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not sure I’m ready for aggressive.
Chalices have sweepers. Mine is maybe 1" from my RFA and 2" from my Leptastrea. It's just starting to really grow so we'll see but for the most part, I've only ever seen 1/4" sweepers on it. My other two chalices haven't ever put out sweepers.

Acros, Gonis, Alveopora, and Galaxea are aggressive as well. Several of my Favias put out the longest sweepers in my tank (besides my torch) and some of my Gonis attack each other.

waterboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalices have sweepers. Mine is maybe 1" from my RFA and 2" from my Leptastrea. It's just starting to really grow so we'll see but for the most part, I've only ever seen 1/4" sweepers on it. My other two chalices haven't ever put out sweepers.

Acros, Gonis, Alveopora, and Galaxea are aggressive as well. Several of my Favias put out the longest sweepers in my tank (besides my torch) and some of my Gonis attack each other.
Thanks for the information. I wanted to get some gonis, but maybe I’ll stick with zoas and mushrooms for now. Maybe a hammer by itself.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the information. I wanted to get some gonis, but maybe I’ll stick with zoas and mushrooms for now. Maybe a hammer by itself.
How much space do you have? Likely anything you get will be fine provided you can give enough PAR for some. Once things start growing you just need to ensure you have room.

waterboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much space do you have? Likely anything you get will be fine provided you can give enough PAR for some. Once things start growing you just need to ensure you have room.
It’s a 40 breeder. Plenty of room right now but I’m thinking I’d like to see all my rocks covered in different types of zoas. So I think that will be the plan. Unless something really grabs me in the sale and changes those plans (probably easy to do).

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Living Reef Orlando
Hi Ann,
Do you have any colony picts of the LRO Cotton Candy and Mandalorian gonies? I would love to see one when they grow out a bit :)

Cheers,

E.
Here is Mando

IMG_3486.jpg

and an absolute terrible pic of Cotton Candy, ill try to get a better pic later today

IMG_3483.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back