**!!! LRO Sizzling Summer Sale!! Sunday, July 16th $1, $5, $10 CORAL! GAMES! GIVEAWAYS!!**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You have some good looking gonis!

Out of curiosity, do yours all play nice together long term when they are next to eachother like that, or do you eventually have to move them?

I’ve had good success with gonis in the last 15 years, but only if I kept them apart for some reason. They would always seem to start silent chemical genocide if left together haha
I find some gonis are a bit more aggressive than others. Our lavender Lust for example wants to tick of anyone that it touches. For the most part I’ve had luck with keeping them all close but there are def a few strains that don’t play well. The red gonis alwyas tend to be a little more aggressive too. I look for longer sweepers and thicker balls on the tips

J2010701

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find some gonis are a bit more aggressive than others. Our lavender Lust for example wants to tick of anyone that it touches. For the most part I’ve had luck with keeping them all close but there are def a few strains that don’t play well. The red gonis alwyas tend to be a little more aggressive too. I look for longer sweepers and thicker balls on the tips
Good to know. I didn’t know they were aggressiv. I’ll keep that in mind when getting new ones.

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
One last teaser for the night!

_58A7627.jpg
_58A7319.jpg
_58A7511.jpg
_58A7279.jpg
_58A7655.jpg

davidrod8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some good looking gonis!

Out of curiosity, do yours all play nice together long term when they are next to eachother like that, or do you eventually have to move them?

I’ve had good success with gonis in the last 15 years, but only if I kept them apart for some reason. They would always seem to start silent chemical genocide if left together haha
the answer, as always, is it depends. I don't have mine fixed on rocks but rather on discs on the sand, so that they can be moved in case they are not nice to each other. Some do not like each other and sting, while others don't seem to care.

funny thing is in my frag tank they get along no issues, but once in the DT, that's when I see issues here and there

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Ann,
I love the LRO Kamodo island I got from the last live sale. You guys were at a show the day I picked it up. It looks exactly like the picture in my tank. What a gem this was.
IMG_1604.png

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good morning Ann,
I love the LRO Kamodo island I got from the last live sale. You guys were at a show the day I picked it up. It looks exactly like the picture in my tank. What a gem this was.
IMG_1604.png
Hi Mark!!!!! I LOVED that frag so much, Im really glad you picked it up! Its honestly one of my favorite acros, so hardy, never shifts color and is a great grower!

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mark!!!!! I LOVED that frag so much, Im really glad you picked it up! Its honestly one of my favorite acros, so hardy, never shifts color and is a great grower!
I’m hoping to find another gem or two during the live sale. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh before I forget, how is your blotchy doing? Mine is getting huge!!!
IMG_1101.jpeg
Mine is doing amazing and getting huge too! I swear he thinks hes a grouper sometimes though, he comes up to the tank when he sees food in my hands and is always the first one to take the biggest chunks of food.
@tbrown this might change my mind about not adding a Goni. Just put it by itself somewhere.
do it do it!!!! That bernardpora is sick nasty.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@tbrown this might change my mind about not adding a Goni. Just put it by itself somewhere.
Absolutely! However, Ann said it's a Bernadopora so definitely put it by itself. Bernadopora and Gonis don't play nice together.

waterboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is doing amazing and getting huge too! I swear he thinks hes a grouper sometimes though, he comes up to the tank when he sees food in my hands and is always the first one to take the biggest chunks of food.

do it do it!!!! That bernardpora is sick nasty.
The big test will be if I’m fast enough to snag it. Or if I’m even paying attention when it comes up.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back