Luck with spionid worms? Control? Removal?

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Messages
630
Reaction score
259
Location
Tom's River
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they aren't too harmful to things but I just don't want to have worms burrowing into any of my corals. And Im worried about the future of my tank. I have some spionid worms in my sand bed. Anyone have any luck with creatures / fish that eat these worms, Ways to control the population, or a good way to manually remove them?
IMG_20210701_230043811~2.jpg
IMG_20210701_221630234_BURST001~2.jpg
 
I know they aren't too harmful to things but I just don't want to have worms burrowing into any of my corals. And Im worried about the future of my tank. I have some spionid worms in my sand bed. Anyone have any luck with creatures / fish that eat these worms, Ways to control the population, or a good way to manually remove them?
IMG_20210701_230043811~2.jpg
IMG_20210701_221630234_BURST001~2.jpg

+1 vote wrasse but have no personal experience with these worms - my grandpa 6 line is worm vacuum and sure he would love to taste your worms <wink>
 
+1 vote wrasse but have no personal experience with these worms - my grandpa 6 line is worm vacuum and sure he would love to taste your worms <wink>
Thanks! Was thinking about getting one but want to hear people's suggestions first. If I get a wrasse, I hope she loves the taste of my worms too! <Sweat emoji with laughing face>
 
Last edited:

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new