Luke's 180 gallon In-Wall Dream Tank!

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy don’t get me started with LA. You should look at my review about them. XD sounds like you got a good deal though.

Thanks! Same here. I’ll be so glad when I see that pintail swimming around.
I love LA! I have had pretty good luck with fish from them just wish they had a higher SG. What was your experience with LA?

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love LA! I have had pretty good luck with fish from them just wish they had a higher SG. What was your experience with LA?

Almost always diseased fish and the rudest customer service ever. That’s why I got these fish transshipped. Never going back to LA. But if you’ve had good luck with them, then that’s great! Maybe I just had a bad run

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am partial to mandarins. I have 5 of them. That is a nice looking little female. Give her newly hatched brine ship daily and eventually she will eat frozen foods. Good luck.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a blessing in disguise that only 15 fish made the trip. That makes it easier to keep ammonia under control. Their deaths may save the rest.

Keep in mind that live rock absorbs copper if you did end up adding some.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was so hoping the Moorish idols would have made the trip. I would love to have one but I've never seen one successfully live in an aquarium with any success.
My moorish idol made it through 6 weeks in qt and so far 3 days in the dt. Here's a post with a video of him 5 hours after being introduced. After the 1st week in the qt, I was able to breathe, and after seeing how he was welcomed into the dr, I'm feeling good about his success.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a blessing in disguise that only 15 fish made the trip. That makes it easier to keep ammonia under control. Their deaths may save the rest.

Keep in mind that live rock absorbs copper if you did end up adding some.
I agree with you. I’m glad it’s not as much bioload

I added a few pieces. Would bleaching and drying them remove it? If not I will just keep it for qt rock

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My moorish idol made it through 6 weeks in qt and so far 3 days in the dt. Here's a post with a video of him 5 hours after being introduced. After the 1st week in the qt, I was able to breathe, and after seeing how he was welcomed into the dr, I'm feeling good about his success.

Nice!

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So all together I ended up with 15 fish out of the 24 I received. That sounds like a lot of DOA but the only thing that died were the moorish idols (which I half expected), most of the chromis, and sadly my prized rose band wrasse didn’t make it as well as a naso tang. But, all the fish have a DOA guarantee, so I’m happy overall!!...
So if you lost about 40% of your fish, and they don’t credit any shipping costs , how much did the remaining fish really cost?
And considering that you’ll have to place another order to use your credit, does it still seem like a great deal ?

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you lost about 40% of your fish, and they don’t credit any shipping costs , how much did the remaining fish really cost?
And considering that you’ll have to place another order to use your credit, does it still seem like a great deal ?
Yes it is still a good deal for two reasons. #1 most of the fish that died were chromis. They cost me $0.40 a piece. Then the moorish idols that were $2 a piece. So basically what I’m saying is all of the expensive stuff lived. And it is refunded to your credit card. So I don’t have to place another order to get the money

Hope that makes sense :)

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Two of the fish ate this morning! Also several of the wrasses look much better. The melanarus that looked like it was on its way out is happily cruising around the tank and burying in the sand
Pics or it didn’t happen!! :p

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JasonK84 , how about some vids?!

So I fed again this evening. Everyone is looking much much better. Both melanarus wrasses are swimming and eating, the twistii wrasse is swimming around now (he is the one laying down in the video. I think he does that when he wants to hide cause he was fine a few seconds ago), the magma and flasher are eating great as well!! (Vid below)

ALSO!!! The mandarin ate frozen brine shrimp!!!! Very happy about that!!

Here’s a vid of the $40 pintail gold male @MombasaLionfish

Magma, flasher, and black widow blenny

A few pics

0D9E496E-D00F-4F09-9EF0-7EED129CB32C.jpeg

4254FE2A-5E81-471B-B000-F82655784B93.jpeg

6C27F740-09D5-4F10-9FC9-DB02704A2A46.jpeg

Enjoy!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back