Luucky13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newest FTS as of right now:

YA3YGTx.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here it goes. After selling darn near everything I own and shutting down my entire fish room thinking we were selling our house..... I think we have decided not to sell until things improve. The market was not great before COVID and now it's just getting worse. I'm sure it will do nothing but get worse in the near future. So I got bored without a hobby. I shut down a nice 210 gallon 7 foot reef, and a 6 foot 210 gallon FOWLR with fish room. Sold all my prized fish and equipment that I spent so much time acquiring. Truly sad days, but I also like the thrill of building a new system. I will be utilizing my water change system that is still currently built into my house to make things a lot easier.

I have decided to set up a smaller tank in the meantime, so that when we do eventually move to a new house, I can move it along with us while I set up another tank and fish room in the new house. I found a great deal on Kijiji for a Concept Aquariums made 100 gallon full setup. 48" X 24" X 20", one piece euro brace, external overflow, 2" steel stand, large sump, Bubble Magus Curve 7 skimmer, Jebao return pump, Coral Box wave makers, heaters, lights, rock, sand and cleanup crew all for $500.

Only downside was the condition of the front and side panels. It very well might be the most scratched up tank I have ever seen. But I (at that point) was not scared of a project. So I decided to replace the front and side panels.

Here is the tank when it got to my house:

I7zbqSz.jpg

And a close up of the scratches on the front panel:

VjYlh2J.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Luucky13

Luucky13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I might as well share some pics of the old system that I took down... Just cause pics.

210 gallon 84" x 24" x 24" Reef

Xy8QAsA.jpg

ur6hcCB.jpg

Fish room filtration for the reef with frag tank, sumps and 90 gallon fuge

dZjqwaG.jpg

210 Gallon FOWLR (With GSP..)

fL2Y7f9.jpg

nAVdC0S.jpg

y33QQ9c.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Luucky13

Luucky13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, here goes the tear down. Took the eurobrace, front and side panels off. As well as the acrylic bottom. It was pretty bowed and scratched up. Now for a whole bunch of scraping!

zt4ahFd.jpg

ZW0pYk0.jpg

mOmikTK.jpg

OP
OP
Luucky13

Luucky13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the glass arrived. Then wasn't cut properly. So after waiting for a while to get it resolved, I finally have the correct pieces. On to putting this bad boy back together.

v2CtDGH.jpg

Prepping and taping the glas

Vm3jlPF.jpg

b4r84T9.jpg

Putting the panels together

5RofdQw.jpg

dzlLlUF.jpg

OP
OP
Luucky13

Luucky13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job so far. I don’t think I could sleep at night if I resealed my own tank, you’re a lot braver than me!

It's a little scary.... Not going to lie. Although I did have a previous tank builder help me, there is still the thought in the back of my mind every day...

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far, I’m about to embark on the same adventure with a Red Sea max500.

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you replacing panels? Or did you mean just doing a tank build?
Replaced no one panel and resealing the entire tank, I was given the tank because it has a small leak in the front seam about to me drop every 5-6 hrs. There is also 1 side panel that has a large scratch on n it so I might as well replace it while I have it apart.

OP
OP
Luucky13

Luucky13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replaced no one panel and resealing the entire tank, I was given the tank because it has a small leak in the front seam about to me drop every 5-6 hrs. There is also 1 side panel that has a large scratch on n it so I might as well replace it while I have it apart.
From what I remember those are tough to take apart because the panes are pretty tight together. How was yours?

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is going to be tough, I figured the price was right, of it turns out that it’s something I can’t get back together right I will just use the glass to make a custom tank, probably a shallow reef.

Back