Lyretail Anthias and firefish compatibility

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced 1 male lyretail into my 80 gallon tank in November that housed 1 firefish ,1 clown , 1 melanurus wrasse and did not have any issues until 3 weeks ago I noticed my firefish had disappeared up until after my water change yesterday . I noticed the Anthias chased in back into rock and have not seen him since yesterday . I thought Anthias and fire fish was compatible? Any thoughts ?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They generally are compatible. A little chasing is normal. If the fish is going out of its way to hunt down and attack the fish that isn't normal. My old firefish used to swim out in the open in the tank but when new tank mates were added he stayed near his favorite hole. He'd still come out but just wouldn't be all over the tank. That's probably what is going to happen with your firefish

OP
OP
AdamB

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Fritz.Hopefully they will get along soon.. It's been 3 weeks . Really surprised me when I saw him out..

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my fire fish for a few years now. Some days I don’t see him at all. Some days he barely leaves his “area”. Some days he ventures to the opposite side of the tank.

Hard to say really. Just keep an eye on them!

Back