Lyretail Anthias Stocking Question

jvalentine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I initially got 3 females from my LFS and they were doing great. One of them began to transition into a male, coloring up to the reddish color and developing the longer dorsal fin. Then one of the remaining females disappeared (its been over two weeks now so any possibility of it hiding is gone). I do have a rose bubble tip, so maybe it got too close in the night and became a meal? Otherwise I am not sure of where it went.

Anyway, my question is....can I buy a single female from the same LFS and introduce it into my tank? Or will the two I already have be aggressive with her because she is new?

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes if two fish are transitioning to male at the same time one can be harassed to the point of death. I never had a problem adding to my groups as long as they were smaller then existing male.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally bought two. one transitioned. I added two more a month later. no overly aggressiveness. they do play "tag" occasionally but no one's worse off at the end.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back