RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad, looks like I will lose my job at the end of the month, ho hum
I've been out since november. Literally about to take a job landscaping at this point. Lose the belly while I'm at it.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS has a red frog fish for 110 bucks right now. I am so tempted... its ready.

20190803_172630.jpg

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for tagging me Rich. Looking forward reading this thread. Time to gather parts.
I can vouch that this Decorator Crab is one excellent sump lord! I spent about an hour staring at this refugium last night and can say it is awesome.

Fuge hog Brian, right Don, YEA! HE Finally snapped out of it as was like, oh, Don, I'm sorry, here, switch seats with me. ;Hilarious

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuge hog Brian, right Don, YEA! HE Finally snapped out of it as was like, oh, Don, I'm sorry, here, switch seats with me. ;Hilarious
The fuge is stunning to look at. So much life and the crab, Oh my he is huge. I Would drive 4 hours to fall asleep watching the fuge anytime but Brain “Fige Hog” has to stay home

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the inspiration Si. There's a red dwarf 2" frogfish at my lfs on sale this weekend. I am so tempted. But I know he will be gone soon when I sell it all. Tough decision. But I promise if I get it I will not QT ;)

@RichtheReefer21 ~ This is simply stunning. I skimmed through this thread and it seems to have come to fruition just as you had intended. I’m following along for updates.

Thanks for stopping in sir. And yea I am pretty happy with it thus far. Might get some stuff for it today. Headed out lfs lurking in an hour. Lord help my wallet.

I am in love with your refugium! I’m following along because I may ditch my idea of a sump that’s hidden under the cabinet and go with a refugium that is seen and full of life.

Welcome and thanks for checking it out!

Unfortunately I was forced to rush the sump doors. And ya gotta open the door to see it. But yes, it is like having a second tank. I'm satisfied with how it is turning out. Learning curves.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it, they are "pet" fish and need feeding buy don't need a lot of space! ;)

Enabler :)

I just cant justify it. Rather let it go to 1 home and stay. Rather than more stress down the down and another move... just for my satisfaction. If I wasnt selling the system in less than a year. I might have done it.

I have a California connection for frog anglers.. But I much rather observe in person than order fish online. Divers Den has almost reeled me in a few times... but not yet. :)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enabler :)

I just cant justify it. Rather let it go to 1 home and stay. Rather than more stress down the down and another move... just for my satisfaction. If I wasnt selling the system in less than a year. I might have done it.

I have a California connection for frog anglers.. But I much rather observe in person than order fish online. Divers Den has almost reeled me in a few times... but not yet. :)

My lfs has a cuttle fish in, accidental import, they won't sell it to me even though I know how short lived they are, I love the unusual! ;)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs has a cuttle fish in, accidental import, they won't sell it to me even though I know how short lived they are, I love the unusual! ;)

Do it.

;Hilarious

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fuge is beautiful!!!!
Thanks.

I am really tempted to drop the decorator crab in my qt so I can share how it looks now that its covered in stuff... we'll see.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back