Mag float size - thoughts needed?

offthehook

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
302
Reaction score
157
Location
Eastern NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrangling up all my equipment to get back in the hobby. Shopping for a magnetic glass cleaner and mag floats have always been my go to in the years past. I see there are a lot of options like flipper algae free, tunze etc.
was particularly looking at the mag float stealth medium. It’s says up to 3/8 inch glass. Mine is just at 3/8 inch, it’s a 33 AIO. Curious for those that use mag float medium on similar size tank, do you find the medium strong enough. I don’t want it too strong where I’m getting a workout everyday….but I also want it to be effective.
 
I think medium is a good call, the small size would likely be too weak and the large size will be so large that it could be difficult to maneuver.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new