Making a custom Control board for my apex controller and gear!

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to see some of your ideas on how you made and mounted all your Apex equipment? Here is an example of what I am going to be doing with mine but still would like to see your ideas?

Tank Info:
120 Mixed Reef
Apex Classic Controller w/ two energy bars
Ecotech M1 pump
Skimz 163 DC Montzer Series skimmer w/ controller
Custom sump / Refuge
2 TUNZE Turbelle Nanostream 6055's controllable
2 AI Hydra TwentySix HD LED Fixtures
Celestial C35W Maxspect Refuge Spotlight
Aqua UV Ultraviolet Sterilizer 25w
BRS Dual Media reactor
Eshoops IV Master & Slave Doser
Tunze 3155 Auto Top Off

Controlbaord#3.jpg

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my setup. Controller and ATO container in a separate "accessory" cabinet next to the tank. The board is a piece of Rubbermaid shelving so it came pre-finished in black. Drilled some holes for grommets and mounted all the boards and controllers with machine screws, washers and nuts. I've since removed the Metal Halides from the tank and am now running T5 so the big ballasts are gone and the number of cords has been decreased. My Gyre controller is mounted to the corner of the tank. It will soon be relocated to the accessory cabinet once I figure out a solution. Hope this helps.

IMG_9974.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my setup. Controller and ATO container in a separate "accessory" cabinet next to the tank. The board is a piece of Rubbermaid shelving so it came pre-finished in black. Drilled some holes for grommets and mounted all the boards and controllers with machine screws, washers and nuts. I've since removed the Metal Halides from the tank and am now running T5 so the big ballasts are gone and the number of cords has been decreased. My Gyre controller is mounted to the corner of the tank. It will soon be relocated to the accessory cabinet once I figure out a solution. Hope this helps.

IMG_9974.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

What are the two converters hooked to if you don't mind me asking by the Home depot bucket? Is that in case of a power outage ... Also, can you share a better picture of your cabinet from a father distance and where did you get the cabinet?

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the two converters hooked to if you don't mind me asking by the Home depot bucket? Is that in case of a power outage and if so what do you have these hooked up to.

Those are the metal halide ballasts and have since been removed. In that place, I'll either be adding a battery backup system or going to a larger ATO container.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gee can I hire you to redo mine? I'm not at all that nice my board is in my stand arranged but all the wires are hanging

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still have to get it wired up and I didn't build it!

But I couldn't help myself! LOL!

image.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back