Making RODI water

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In retrospect, that in-line pressure gauge will only give you your house pressure in you block the outlet. You want to know the pressure with no water running.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In retrospect, that in-line pressure gauge will only give you your house pressure in you block the outlet. You want to know the pressure with no water running.

The inline is good hooked up to the line feeding the RO membrane. You can get your static pressure when you are not making water. When you are making water you can read the dynamic pressure which would help you decide if you have a restriction.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m coming from using tap water to run my tanks to now today for the first time making RODI water. This sucks. It takes FOREVER. I could’ve made 50 buckets in the time it’s taking my unit to make water. It’s a 50GPD unit that was given to me. I’m counting my blessings but dag!!! Okay I’m done my rant lol

Have you tested your pressure? I use AquaticLife and my house was made in the 80s, so it has smaller pipes... It originally made like 50gpd. I got a pump and it produces WAY more now. I'm running a 100GPD plus pump and am making a full brute can in like 4-5 hours.

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tested your pressure? I use AquaticLife and my house was made in the 80s, so it has smaller pipes... It originally made like 50gpd. I got a pump and it produces WAY more now. I'm running a 100GPD plus pump and am making a full brute can in like 4-5 hours.
The square booster pump?

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
swap out the membrane you might find shelling out 20 bucks for a 100gph membrane worth it
100 gph membrane on Amazon

How do those generic $20 membranes compare to a legit Dow Fimtec membrane that sells for roughly twice as much?
Do these $20 membranes really perform as well as the Dow Filmtec membranes? I know they seem to cite the same rejection rates and such, but I still have my doubts. Anybody know of any tests done comparing DOW membranes to generic ones?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do those generic $20 membranes compare to a legit Dow Fimtec membrane that sells for roughly twice as much?
Do these $20 membranes really perform as well as the Dow Filmtec membranes? I know they seem to cite the same rejection rates and such, but I still have my doubts. Anybody know of any tests done comparing DOW membranes to generic ones?
My water comes out over 600ppm out of the tap so no brands really last long. But yes Dow , Filmtec ( or sumthin like that) do seem to last a lil longer but I only get about a year more or less regardless of brands.. Also seems backflushing matters more for higher quality membranes …If your a slacker with/and/or liquid concrete, I’d just get a 6 pack of cheap membranes

Back