OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was afraid of this happening for the first time and it did. Yesterday the power went out for 8 hours.
IMG_1260.JPG

I went to work and when I came home it looked like this. My girlfriend came home for lunch and moved the water around with a cup and took the temp. We kept the house sealed up so the tank only fell to 74 and it is normally 78.8. The sump light is usually on a reverse schedule but I had it on to look at everything.
IMG_1261.JPG

Full tank shot.
IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

And some pictures from today.
IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

The only things affected it seems was my new clam and a rainbow digi.
IMG_1267.JPG

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I ever posted about this little guy. He is pretty tiny. Probably 1.25 inches at the widest. Hopefully he will last a long time. I love starfish and their diversity.
IMG_1480008387.699963.jpg

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1480008438.591122.jpg

Also one of my torches seems to be struggling a little from the power outage. Hopefully it pulls around by the time I get home tonight. If not I will consider an iodine dip.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

kazikage42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an adventure you had. But glad you didn't change your Monti cap placements, starting to grow in real nice.

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an adventure you had. But glad you didn't change your Monti cap placements, starting to grow in real nice.

Yeah it for sure has been but I love it! Thanks I really like the monti cap too. I know it's common and not worth anything really but one of my favorites in the tank and for sure the best grower

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first magnesium test and it ended up being good! 1350. The Hanna checkers are cool but really ticked at myself because when I was trying to cross check my readings I accidentally put water into the test solution!:mad::mad::mad:

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first magnesium test and it ended up being good! 1350. The Hanna checkers are cool but really ****** at myself because when I was trying to cross check my readings I accidentally put water into the test solution!:mad::mad::mad:
Oppssss!!!!:p

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good! Glad your power outages didn't seem to do any damage.

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Glad your power outages didn't seem to do any damage.
Thanks! The power outages killed my two new torches from RAP that I was super excited about. I absolutely loved my golden torch. It was beautiful:(. But thats the way it goes. I am super shocked that my maxima clam being a recent introduction from RAP also didn't have any lasting issues. Still hasn't securely attached it foot to the ceramic holder but hey its alive and opening more and more so not much to complain about there.

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! The power outages killed my two new torches from RAP that I was super excited about. I absolutely loved my golden torch. It was beautiful:(. But thats the way it goes. I am super shocked that my maxima clam being a recent introduction from RAP also didn't have any lasting issues. Still hasn't securely attached it foot to the ceramic holder but hey its alive and opening more and more so not much to complain about there.
Awwwwwww sorry about the golden torch! :( Have that one on my list.

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awwwwwww sorry about the golden torch! :( Have that one on my list.
THERE WILL BE MORE! I saw a couple at rap and pictures do not due them justice. Truly glowing in person. RR Asia had the most golden one I have ever seen. (the normal ones have darker brown/purpleish bases.) This one was pure gold but they where charging $200 per heado_Oo_O!

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some pictures tonight with my new phone! I got the iPhone 7+ and the camera is pretty good espically better for macros and portraits than the previous iPhones.

IMG_1035.JPG

The meat coral got a little handsy tonight.
IMG_1030.JPG

Punk choas (pink utter choas) and scrabbled eggs
IMG_1034.JPG

Anyone know what this coral is? I got it from zoa collector and asked them 4 time to repeat it but haha it was a long day.
IMG_1033.JPG

I thought the swirls in the back ground where cool.
IMG_1031.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG

These where taken right before the lights went off but I turned the Kessils pretty white and didn't use a filter.

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like the calurpa (I think that's how you spell it) is by for the most aggressive and seemed to be competing with the other algae. Because of this I decided to separate them all. I'm also doing this to see how much growth I can record from the individual species. I was shocked by the amount of money hands I was able to find burrows inside the calurpa.

IMG_1039.JPG
IMG_1041.JPG
IMG_1042.JPG

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.5%
Back