OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some pictures to document growth over time because looking back I wish I would have do that more.

IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1046.JPG

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good-looking photos! I like that meat coral and gorg!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job!

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So been having some trouble with my test kits. I used to have total confidence in most kits I used but this makes me un easy:confused::confused::confused:!
My Salifert test kit was reading low for calcium around 370ppm and Hanna 490-520ppm!
It was crazy not being able to know if my levels were too high or low.
I made a thread here (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/h...tests-which-one-to-trust.278402/#post-3375991)
I tested using IO and it seems like the Salifert is pretty close and Hanna is super high.

kazikage42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be your reagent? Try getting a new reagent and retest. Or get a different alk test kit.

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be your reagent? Try getting a new reagent and retest. Or get a different alk test kit.

Maybe but pretty unlikely. Others have reported that their Hanna test high too but there are a few people who say it just takes practice. Have you been able to get the same results from the two test kits?

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some pictures this morning.

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

I have been feeding these acans and they are plumping up. They are also showing more green near the mouth!
FullSizeRender 6.jpg

With less blue.

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_1134.JPG

New heads on the Dendro. Man I love this coral! It is from BSA I believe but idk for sure. Got it at MACNA
IMG_1135.JPG
FullSizeRender 5.jpg

Not a great picture but just to show growth.
IMG_1133.JPG

kazikage42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe but pretty unlikely. Others have reported that their Hanna test high too but there are a few people who say it just takes practice. Have you been able to get the same results from the two test kits?
It's pretty close. I use both hanna and salifert kits. Usually about .2 or .3 off between the two.

kazikage42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really test for calcium bc as long as it's between 400-500 then I'm fine but I use salifert and red sea.

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really test for calcium bc as long as it's between 400-500 then I'm fine but I use salifert and red sea.
Oh ok that makes more sense. I have the Hanna dkh checker and salifert and they are super close. I'm still new to dosing so I want to try all the kits to see what I like best.

kazikage42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok that makes more sense. I have the Hanna dkh checker and salifert and they are super close. I'm still new to dosing so I want to try all the kits to see what I like best.
Good luck, IMO, I like the hanna for dkh and salifert brands bc they're accurate, fast, and easy. I really like the red sea calcium kit bc it seems to have the best color change but it does leave a calcium residue after each use just like their Magnesium kits. You have to use vinegar to clean them before using it again, which can become a chore. Dosing can take awhile to dial in but once you get it, everything will pretty much be on cruise control. More time to enjoy the tank, less time messing with it.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back