Male square anthias

  • Thread starter Thread starter iamurri33
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

iamurri33

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
339
Reaction score
36
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to pick up 2 male square anthias today, but was wondering if they will kill each other without any female anthias in the tank. Also if I only get one will it die or not do as good without females?
 
Only one anthias came in so question now is will he be OK without females
 
I've kept just a single male before and its fine. Your problem would have been if you got 2 males. Sometimes they may split your tank, depending on tank size, and share but other times it may not be that way and somebody ends up in the trash or being an expensive meal for your cleanup crew :eek:.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new