Mandarin Goby

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If it were eating pods, should be around but do search for it to assure it us still thriving. If not, you should have enough pods to support a new mandarin.
Pods need foid too- give them an occasional shot of phytoplankton

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pour em in. If you have a lot of other fish , put them in at night.

Did you find some frozen foods for the Mandy. That’s a high priority.

+1 on doing it in the late evening. Also, power down for about an hour or so for them to settle and not get washed away through the OF and sucked up in your skimmer (if you have one). And place plenty in the fuge while it's powered down as well for the same reason as previously mentioned.

OP
OP
savetheocean

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were eating pods, should be around but do search for it to assure it us still thriving. If not, you should have enough pods to support a new mandarin.
Pods need foid too- give them an occasional shot of phytoplankton
I left the phytoplankton out for a while, is it still good to use? It says to refrigerate

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I left the phytoplankton out for a while, is it still good to use? It says to refrigerate

Yes you can still use it. To remember to refridgerate, Leave the cap to bottle in the fridge when feeding. When done, you will be forced to return to fridge and in turn leave it back in there

OP
OP
savetheocean

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can still use it. To remember to refridgerate, Leave the cap to bottle in the fridge when feeding. When done, you will be forced to return to fridge and in turn leave it back in there
I also haven't seen my mandarin goby in about a week... He was doing so well and then he just disappeared. Is it possible he's alive somewhere?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I also haven't seen my mandarin goby in about a week... He was doing so well and then he just disappeared. Is it possible he's alive somewhere?
They can hide and often do. To assure he is around, I would grab a CLEAN Pail and pull the chaeto and look for him to assure he is with you .

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%

Back