Mandarin in a 40g breeder

danieljones8623

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I’m pretty certain I’ve read and already know the answer to this, but I thinking it’s not very practical to put a mandarin in a 40 gal breeder, correct? At some point, I think I could maybe farm enough copepods in my 20 gal sump to maybe do it, but along the way, I guess I’ve researched and found it wasn’t really possible. At the beginning, I added some copepods in my display and I honestly forgot about them. But I looked today at the glass and there were hundreds on my front glass. May not get my mandarin, but man, I was impressed with the population growth of my copepods lol

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it eats frozen or pellets then it is ok. You can boost pod populations by feeding phytoplankton.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a mandarin and a red scooter Blenny in my 40. Both are fat and appear happy. I lucked out, not only do they eat pods which I have a lot of they also eat anything else I throw in tank. Mainly white worms. They love those!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 70 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back