Mangrove leaf browning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eoka
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Looks great! I think you will have much better results. Might take a while, but once it starts, will likely grow much faster than before…
Thanks for the help
 
I have 6 mangroves in my classroom reef that started from propagules last year.

nnjIzfn.jpeg


cLnfZPn.jpeg


They’re under the same spectrum and intensity as the rest of the reef, and do fine. They are rooted in about 8” of aragonite (with a lot of muck/detritus from the tank mixed in). I definitely go through more Mg than if I didn’t have mangroves. I also dose iron every once in a while.
 
Unfortunately, the yellow leaves are dying, they will eventually fall off.
I repotted the mangrove. I'm hoping the leaves are falling off to focus on making roots. What do you think?
 

Attachments

  • 20250708_135355.jpg
    20250708_135355.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20250708_135358.jpg
    20250708_135358.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 13

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new