Manifold in pvc to murlock

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm looking to build a pvc manifold for a new tank and I have a brs dual reactor and the brs biopellet reactor as well as a calcium reactor they all use the ro style tubing for feed lines I was wondering how people attached these to a pvc manifold. In the past I've teed the pvc and attached the screw in murlock fittings into an end cap by drilling and tapping it. However I feel like it never looks great and leaks often so I was wondering what other alternatives people have used?

OP
OP
Feltman

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160112_180521.jpg

Example of previous project as you can tell from the salt creep wasn't very successful so it stays above the sump so I was wondering what other people are doing

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I usually do is use a ball valve (coupling works if you don't want the valve) and a reducer bushing that is threaded. So if you're using 1" pipe and need 1/2" threads a 1" slip x 1/2" threaded reducer.
image.jpeg

klesel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get reducers of really any size to fit any thing comon sizes at most big box stores special stuff u can get online . iv gotten a slip by thread reducer of 1" x1/4 at Lowe's before in the schedule 80 which is the gray pvc in plumbing area .but you can try that

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others said, it's just a matter of finding the correct reducers. Below is my manifold going to my BRS reactor. I used a threaded nipple reducer out of the gate, then another reducer to the pipe hose. A trip to orange or blue store should do it. Grab several and return the extras.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find PVC reducers down to 1/4" at any hardware store. John Guest or Murlock fittings for RO systems are commonly 1/4" so fit perfectly. You might read my Installing Bulkhead Tips sticky post for the correct thread lubricant for threaded PVC fittings and how to prepare them correctly so they do not leak.

OP
OP
Feltman

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find PVC reducers down to 1/4" at any hardware store. John Guest or Murlock fittings for RO systems are commonly 1/4" so fit perfectly. You might read my Installing Bulkhead Tips sticky post for the correct thread lubricant for threaded PVC fittings and how to prepare them correctly so they do not leak.
Always willing to do more research but not seeing the sticky ur talking about. Do you have a link?

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you happen to live in Canada, then you're SOL. PVC isn't used much here and it can be a challenge to find anything other than standard elbows, Ts, and pipe.

kevindo123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my fittings online so should not be a problem. Check out my manifold in my build. Is that what you are planning to do?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back