Manual Filter Roller - genius!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watching the BRS 360 filtration episode and saw the discussion about creating a manually cranked filter roller.

this is seriously genius — why bother with float switches and motors that fail / act unpredictability.

this would literally be a 10 second task every few days to crank the filter roll a few notches.

I for one know I would trade a bit of convenience to manually crank a filter roll every couple of days (rolls would probably last longer too) in exchange for a reliable system.

who do we contact to make this happen??

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal exclusiv already makes one for their European market

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really cost effective because you're paying for functionality you don't need.. but why not buy an automatic filter roller and leave it unplugged? When you see it's clogged, plug it in and let it roll. Unplug it when the rolling is complete.

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really cost effective because you're paying for functionality you don't need.. but why not buy an automatic filter roller and leave it unplugged? When you see it's clogged, plug it in and let it roll. Unplug it when the rolling is complete.
The point would be a lower maintenance unit with less opportunities to fail. Cheeper as well without all the bells and whistles.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After that live stream, many reefers have sent us messages letting us know that there are already some commercially available options out there. Most of them in the European market. I wouldn't be surprised if you see something like this on the BRS website in the future.

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose the biggest con would be finding the right amount to turn the roll each day or two. Spinning too much will use up the roll faster when it isn’t dirty, and spinning too little could cause the water to overflow and detritus to sit in the water for longer than wanted

Jdubyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about an automatic and manual one. Giving the option to manually crank the roller to your desired amount for your normal day to day routine. Then have the built in option to have it automatic when you go on vacation!

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about an automatic and manual one. Giving the option to manually crank the roller to your desired amount for your normal day to day routine. Then have the built in option to have it automatic when you go on vacation!

Wow... now you’re asking a lot!
Seriously though perfecting automatic has been a process for the very few working on it and manual isn’t much of a thing yet in the US. To jump to a fixture that does both.. I’d be impressed.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! Following for updates.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back