MAR Pump not Working

kaijor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2022
Messages
258
Reaction score
69
Location
Austin, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in MAR 3181 into my 32 biocube today but the pump isn’t pumping any water. I’m thinking it might have to do with the tube itself possibly. Anyone else have this problem? I put in the back of the tank. I had a pump in the back there before and it worked fine. Anyone have any suggestions?
 
How far is the head pressure? Try the pump stand alone, the usual issue in this sort of install is head pressure, the included 12V power is only suitable for 2 ft of headpressure, it is intended for in sump or beside the sump use. For a higher head pressure application you need the optional 24V power supply 6095.240. If the pump works just in a bucket or in the tank with hose detached, this is likely the culprit.
 
How far is the head pressure? Try the pump stand alone, the usual issue in this sort of install is head pressure, the included 12V power is only suitable for 2 ft of headpressure, it is intended for in sump or beside the sump use. For a higher head pressure application you need the optional 24V power supply 6095.240. If the pump works just in a bucket or in the tank with hose detached, this is likely the culprit.
Unfortunately, it’s still not working. I tried it in a bucket and worked. I’m thinking that has to do with the tube possibly. Any other help would be really appreciated. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new