Marginalis Butterfly and Yellow Tang

Chipper1978

View Badges
Reaction score
So I will be receiving my new Marginalis Butterfly this Friday from TSM Aquatics (love this place). They told me he is eating very well and my only concern is my Yellow Tang. Tank is 4 feet. Marginalis is 5-6 inches and Yellow Tang is 4-5 inches, so I'm hoping the tang's slightly smaller size will keep him from acting up. In order to reduce any possible aggression, I am considering the following options:

1. Marginalis right into tank with Yellow Tang and observe
2. Marginalis into acclimation box for Yellow Tang to get used to him
3. Yellow Tang into acclimation box and Marginalis into tank
4. Both fish into acclimation box with divider

Which option do you feel would be best? BTW, I'm itching to try out my new acclimation box from Octo Aquatics.

1610570584994.png
1610571380405.png

Maxout
Fritz

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just got released CBB to my tank with purple , yellow , fox face , kole , powder blue .
Even though the marginalia is eating with TSM , I would definitely put him in acclimation box and feed your food .
This gives chance to yellow tang to know him and also the butterfly to get used to your tank water , lighting , feeding habits . Around 3 days is generally fine .

Regards,
Abhishek

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Chipper1978

Chipper1978

View Badges
Reaction score
So most responses are to capture my Yellow Tang and put him in the acclimation box and put the new Marginalis into the tank. However, Abhishek would definitely put the new Marginalis in the acclimation box. Hmmm...Decisions, decisions!

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
When I introduced the Regal Angel the Yellow Tang was the only issue. I didn't keep the Regal in the acclimation box long. Ended up dividing the tank with a partition until the tang got over it and the Regal was comfortable.

Do you own your DREAM CORAL?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 55 15.5%
  • NO

Votes: 288 81.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 3.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
LRS