Marine Betta

Oh my goodness! I love how the babies have that one giant dot on them, like they're waiting for the white to diffuse out into more spots once they have room. So cute.

Have you tried to selectively breed them for any sort of pattern variation?
There are no discernable aberrations. Maybe some have the dots more in regular lines than others but that's about it.
The largest aberration I had with one of the recent argus who didn't make it. One of them had an extra eyespot on the anal fin.
 
They look to be getting pretty big now. What are they, about 1-2" now?
 
The eggs of pair #2 are developing and may hatch tonight or tomorrow. So I got to get busy tonight to set up another larvae tub... and I may have Tiger Jawfish larvae as well... I hope I have enough food for all of them.
 
Pair #3 has the first good batch of eggs:


The interesting thing about this pair is that the male is rather small, significantly smaller than the female.




 
Snatched up this one:
lg-0216211-052.jpg


With $199.99 bit pricey and with 3-1/8" also a bit small but, given that I need a partner for the one I already have, I bit the bullet...
 
Well, shipping is delayed due to the bad weather...
 
Hungry little guys. Any problems with the pipe fish in the same tank?
 
Hungry little guys. Any problems with the pipe fish in the same tank?
No, they get along perfectly. There are also 3 baby percula in that tank. They hide at the overflow or return outlet.
 
I finally received the argus on Tuesday but it arrived in such bad shape that I doubt it will live for more than a few days. The most glaring issue is that it was missing an entire ventral fin that must have rotten away a while ago.
I'm deeply disturbed that Diver's Den would ship a fish in such condition.



 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new