Marine Orbit IC Pro Led

Pittsburgh88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights any good? I have cheap black boxes over my tank now and hate them and thought about switching over to 2 of these lights for my 75 gallon reef. What kind of programming would I run them at?

OP
OP
Pittsburgh88

Pittsburgh88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previous lights were viparspectra 2 of them about 12 inches off the water, these have been giving me coral issues as well as algae issues even running them at 5% white 50%blue

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are ok if you just have softies and lps. I wouldnt recommend them if you plan on having sps.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which black box lights do you have?

What kind of corals do you want? I think a couple would be good for up to low level lps. I ran the pro's back in the day. They handled up to beginner sps but im far from a high end coral expert. I basically just got my buddies throw away trimmings lol

She seems to have a lot more experience with them
@Sarah24!

Attachments

• Orbit_Marine_Light_Specifications.pdf
    611.7 KB · Views: 139
OP
OP
Pittsburgh88

Pittsburgh88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which black box lights do you have?

What kind of corals do you want? I think a couple would be good for up to low level lps. I ran the pro's back in the day. They handled up to beginner sps but im far from a high end coral expert. I basically just got my buddies throw away trimmings lol

She seems to have a lot more experience with them
@Sarah24!

Vipar spectra boxes 2 of them.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vipar spectra boxes 2 of them.

I saw that after I posted sorry.

Not trying to persuade you on lights. What coral issues are you having? Algae is more a parameter issue. We might be able to fix the issues before getting new lights. Honestly the orbit IC would be a down grade from what you have. The pro's will grow with you but they come with 2x the cost.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved away from mine and swapped out with a 300w mars aqua about two weeks ago. Already seeing more growth and extension. The currents looked nice and I loved the ramp feature, but they didn’t deliver for me at a 20” depth. I’m going to keep them though since I think they’d be great on a shallow frag tank in the future.

OP
OP
Pittsburgh88

Pittsburgh88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that after I posted sorry.

Not trying to persuade you on lights. What coral issues are you having? Algae is more a parameter issue. We might be able to fix the issues before getting new lights. Honestly the orbit IC would be a down grade from what you have. The pro's will grow with you but they come with 2x the cost.

Zoas just falling off, Duncan's hasnt opened fully in weeks etc. Nothin major I do weekly water changes and test pretty regularly params nothing crazy I had the orbits before and my corals seemed to like them alot better, but after I switched and kept the light pretty low on to acclimate. Nothing has seemed to rebound. Ultimately the orbits would only be around for a couple months till I can get some hydras or kessils. I just never liked the look for the tank while the spectras where operating. IMO the orbits make the tank look alot better. And since I already have them that's why I'm thinking I wanna go back to them and just sell off the spectras. And save for a higher end light setup.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas just falling off, Duncan's hasnt opened fully in weeks etc. Nothin major I do weekly water changes and test pretty regularly params nothing crazy I had the orbits before and my corals seemed to like them alot better, but after I switched and kept the light pretty low on to acclimate. Nothing has seemed to rebound. Ultimately the orbits would only be around for a couple months till I can get some hydras or kessils. I just never liked the look for the tank while the spectras where operating. IMO the orbits make the tank look alot better. And since I already have them that's why I'm thinking I wanna go back to them and just sell off the spectras. And save for a higher end light setup.

Oh in that case throw them on and send the spectras out to pasture is my vote.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those sound like major parameter issues to cause that, not light. Zoas falling off happens if salinity or alk is very low ime.
Are you using RODI water? Salinity 1.025?

OP
OP
Pittsburgh88

Pittsburgh88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those sound like major parameter issues to cause that, not light. Zoas falling off happens if salinity or alk is very low ime.
Are you using RODI water? Salinity 1.025?
Yessir salinity was 1.023 last measured. And I have my own rodi system last measures TDS was 1ppm on final product. Only happened to one 2 zoas my other zoas are happy. Maybe they just came unglued?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back