Marine Pure Followup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TbyZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting

Wonder how Maine pur block would do if it only had nitrates to deal with. Meaning one filter with a higher flow to do ammonia and nitrite, and marine pur in low flow area

OP
OP
TbyZ

TbyZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting

Wonder how Maine pur block would do if it only had nitrates to deal with. Meaning one filter with a higher flow to do ammonia and nitrite, and marine pur in low flow area
I reckon that is the only chance M.P. 8 x 4 has of being useful at all in regards to de-nitrification is to treat it as a deep sand bed, with slow slow flow over the the top.

But that's just my opinion.

Clownfish21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do know it does leech quite a lot of aI per Triton test of tank with marine pure and tank with out also you will find that after about 8 months you're marine pure will begin to crumble to where you barely touch it and tons of particles will flake off I removed my marine pure due to this and the fact that test revealed no decrease of nutrients over the course of having it best thing I ever did was installed a chaeto reactor noticed nutrients going down after about 2 weeks and water became clearer that is what I have found about marine pure

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my MP, my NO3 will not rise on its own ever. I just let it be, don’t ever need to touch it so I don’t have s problem with it.

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the mistake of dropping some of the spheres into my drain compartment, it is very difficult to access back there. My corals started having issues and one of the things i had to do was cut my plumbing so i could remove the BP spheres out of that section. My thinking was the drain flow was smashing them around and releasing dust into the system. Did that and several large WC and my corals look better.

I didn't send a test into triton to verify so i cant be sure it was part if my issue but im relieved that i got them out of that compartment and into a low flow area.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back