Marine tank

fishfana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I’m JP new to the forum and new to saltwater world but decades in freshwater keeping. So did a lot of mistakes as I thought starting saltwater tank is like same as freshwater. So first mistake rushed to start filled with fish without properly cycled the tank. Second mistake bought live rocks here and there that of course came with all sort of disease . Third mistake added live corals plus an anemones. So in one word lost all my fish in around 4 months 5 times ending up costing me around 5 k in live stock. Now I have finally managed to have a stable tank but unfortunately 200 litres 4 foot plus sump around 400 litres in total too small as I had no clue how big Tangs grow??? So I have actually 2 blue tangs, one sail fin tang, one scoops tang, one orange lips tang, one shoulder tang, one blue tail cleaner wrass, one banana wrass ,5 blue chromis one sand shifter and one fox face. All are still quite small except for the sail fin that is quite big. But good thing even I have a small tank no aggression at all. Have only live rocks inside no invertebrates. No corals. I have just started another tank and intend to send some of the fish except the tangs in the other tank where I already have 5 blue chromis and 2 black and white damsel. By the way I also have a 2000 lts freshwater with discus, various catfish, clown loaches, various tetras and a bid school of torpedo barbs. Plus my son have a 200 litres in his bed rooon fully planted with various tetras and torpedo barbs.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I’m JP new to the forum and new to saltwater world but decades in freshwater keeping. So did a lot of mistakes as I thought starting saltwater tank is like same as freshwater. So first mistake rushed to start filled with fish without properly cycled the tank. Second mistake bought live rocks here and there that of course came with all sort of disease . Third mistake added live corals plus an anemones. So in one word lost all my fish in around 4 months 5 times ending up costing me around 5 k in live stock. Now I have finally managed to have a stable tank but unfortunately 200 litres 4 foot plus sump around 400 litres in total too small as I had no clue how big Tangs grow??? So I have actually 2 blue tangs, one sail fin tang, one scoops tang, one orange lips tang, one shoulder tang, one blue tail cleaner wrass, one banana wrass ,5 blue chromis one sand shifter and one fox face. All are still quite small except for the sail fin that is quite big. But good thing even I have a small tank no aggression at all. Have only live rocks inside no invertebrates. No corals. I have just started another tank and intend to send some of the fish except the tangs in the other tank where I already have 5 blue chromis and 2 black and white damsel. By the way I also have a 2000 lts freshwater with discus, various catfish, clown loaches, various tetras and a bid school of torpedo barbs. Plus my son have a 200 litres in his bed rooon fully planted with various tetras and torpedo barbs.
Welcome. Don't worry, you're fine for now if the tangs get along-ish and are still small, they can be there for a bit. However just be ready to re-home them at a moment's notice. Or re-home them early if you don't want to deal with it down the line. ^_^

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! That is a LOT of tangs for about 50 US Gallons. (I hear the sirens of the tang police coming....)
It sounds like you are committed to figuring this all out. That is a lot of tanks, so clearly you are passionate. Hang in there, keep asking questions. We are here for moral support!
Welcome to the fishy family!!
Dog Police GIF

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! That is a LOT of tangs for about 50 US Gallons. (I hear the sirens of the tang police coming....)
It sounds like you are committed to figuring this all out. That is a lot of tanks, so clearly you are passionate. Hang in there, keep asking questions. We are here for moral support!
Welcome to the fishy family!!
Dog Police GIF
Oh noez~ lol

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard to R2R one of the best online forums to learn and get into more details of this saltwater hobby! Great resource to have no doubt!

Be sure to make some build threads for your system! Be fun to follow along the way!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back