Marine X 110 - My First Build

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order or a Marine X 110 with Prime HD lights on Black Friday. This is will be my first tank build and I couldn’t be more excited! I was originally eyeing the x35 I tricked myself further down the rabbit hole. This will become the feature in our living room that was otherwise not utilized. I set up a small tank that will be my QT in that room and already the family has transitioned away from the TV after dinner. Needless to say, can’t wait till my new tank arrives.

I haven’t yet ordered all of my gear as I was hoping to spread out some of the expenses, especially since it’ll be while before I receive the tank. Also wanted to do a bit more research before I make final decisions. Probably important to mention that I’ve been known to be an Over-Engineer as “they” call it, so I fully expect those tendencies of mine to kick in when it comes to this hobby.

Just ordered a Marco Rock kit from Waterbox to begin aquascaping before the tank arrives. Chose dry rock over live rock to avoid hitch hikers in the display tank. I’ve seen some pretty spectacular designs throughout R2R and I’m hoping I can create something just the same.

I am still working on my plan for QT, as everyone seems to have their own approach. Right now I’m struggling with the timeline of QT with respect to the CUC and the first round of fish. I want to get this started before my new tank arrives.

I look forward to sharing my build with you all as it develops and of course, advice and recommendations are always appreciated!

OP
OP
MorrisMustang

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received shipping notification that my tank will arrive this Wednesday! I ordered the Marco Rock pack from Waterbox in a separate order in anticipation they would ship ahead of the tank. Unfortunately that didn’t happen, but I need time to purchase and assemble my hardware anyway.

I decided to exchange the 2 AI 16 HD lights that I ordered with the tank for 2 Radion XR15s. I will also be ordering a Vectra pump and a Vortech power head, to stick in the same ecosystem. Just waiting on my waterbox gift card from the Black Friday deal.

I will update with pictures of the tanks arrival! So excited!!!

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received shipping notification that my tank will arrive this Wednesday! I ordered the Marco Rock pack from Waterbox in a separate order in anticipation they would ship ahead of the tank. Unfortunately that didn’t happen, but I need time to purchase and assemble my hardware anyway.

I decided to exchange the 2 AI 16 HD lights that I ordered with the tank for 2 Radion XR15s. I will also be ordering a Vectra pump and a Vortech power head, to stick in the same ecosystem. Just waiting on my waterbox gift card from the Black Friday deal.

I will update with pictures of the tanks arrival! So excited!!!
Congrats on the new build and dont forget to start a Build Thread. we need pics or it didn't happen :p

OP
OP
MorrisMustang

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank arrived this morning! Of course I was too excited when the truck showed up to whip out my phone to take a picture of the unloading. I also got distracted by the missing “Do Not Stack” cone

0CF7FD35-540D-436A-9187-A86622DFA855.jpeg

Ended up filing a report with fedex as the box containing my lights was crushed. Wouldn’t without a bit of drama to start it off.

D390DA62-2EE6-4885-A799-772B1855FC31.jpeg

Sending back the lights to exchange for XR15s and ordering the rest of my accessories! I also just received notice that my Marco Rock was shipped. Excited to get started on the aquascape.

Stay tuned for pictures of cabinet assembly.

OP
OP
MorrisMustang

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assembled the cabinet last night. Took about an hour including the time to carry each piece into my house separately. I can confirm that the instructions from Waterbox are likely a little too vague for most people. Spend enough time assembling ikea furniture and you shouldn’t have an issue.
7523E27D-845F-4D28-8CAC-10F7FD9CBFBA.jpeg

FA183118-1C33-413D-B094-A226F496DCA6.jpeg

4516BF7B-103D-4AB1-B031-511CD5A9458A.jpeg

Moving the tank and the sump into the house today.

Marco Rock should arrive in a few days. Having difficulty finding the Marco Rock branded cement, so suggestions there would be useful.

OP
OP
MorrisMustang

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MorrisMustang How's it going did you finish the rock work and get it wet?
Thanks for checking in! Just seeing this now. I did and will and post a picture update tomorrow. Not gonna lie, had a moment there where my rocks broke and i got discouraged and almost stopped. Glad those around me pushed me to redo the work. Just added my first fish and coral today.

OP
OP
MorrisMustang

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update on the build. It’s been cycled and has its first round of coral. I added two fish, a flame angel and a mandarin goby. Came home the other day to the flame angel dead with a wound near its tail. Not sure how it happened. Possibly hurt itself on a rock. Need to get some more tank mates for the goby.

Subscribed to the world wide corals monthly coral club and really happy with my first shipment.

will post another update soon!

Attachments

• C72377F6-29C6-4898-80ED-A2121F97E935.jpeg
    C72377F6-29C6-4898-80ED-A2121F97E935.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 784AA818-C955-44FC-80AC-56A55FFEF39D.jpeg
    784AA818-C955-44FC-80AC-56A55FFEF39D.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 7D1A7C05-3453-4CA6-9125-3E4F6936DFB0.jpeg
    7D1A7C05-3453-4CA6-9125-3E4F6936DFB0.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
MorrisMustang

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last weekend was pretty wild. Went up to Orlando for the Reef-a-Palooza show. Found a beautiful rainbow BTA for my clowns! Ended up spending more time on the R2R WWC live sale than anything and secured 12 frags through the sale. Had a blast and can’t wait till the next live sale. I love this community!

I visited WWC for the first time…it’s amazing btw.
The staff packed up my coral shipment for the month so I didn’t have to wait for shipping. My tank had a few new fish additions as well, namely some Bengali cardinals and a leopard wrasse.

I will post some picture updates later today.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back