Mariner 100 noisy

CraigInTexas

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just setup a Mariner 100 and the overflow is extremely noisy.
 
Is it the gulping in th sump/overflow, the weirs splashing, or the air sucking through the emergency drain tube?
 
Is it the gulping in th sump/overflow, the weirs splashing, or the air sucking through the emergency drain tube?
Little of all of them but mostly
sucking through the emergency drain tube
 
I attach a video
 
I'll be honest idk what I'm looking at pipes wise but it sounds like it's the water falling into the box. Can you run the water level higher in the box?
Unfortunately the weirs aren't adjustable. This is a modified Bean Animal style overflow I believe unless it's just a Durso with an emergency drain pipe added.
 
Yeah, looks like a Durso with an emergency drain.

I put the airline tube in the hole in the top of the Durso drain. I'm not home or I'd look at the ball valve underneath but I closed it partially. Too much and you get a different noise, not enough and it gurgles and gulps.
 
Can you run the return pump to pump more water. The overflow is draining water way too fast. even the main siphon line has air going in it. Alternative is don;t touch the return pump, slowly close the gate valve to reduce the rate with with water drains out and let the water level in the weir rise slowly. Adjust very slowly until sounds stops
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new