Marketplace Etiquette

m33h24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When buying something fairly expensive in R2R marketplace, when reaching out for shipping updates..How many days do you let go by of unresponsive communication before submitting a request for buyer’s protection through payment platform?

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say give a few days maybe 2-3. At least that’s what I’d do. I’d hope that they give a shipping tracking number. Thats what I do as soon as send things out.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without any update from the seller I would reach back out after a little less than a week. In my opinion 4 business days is plenty of time for them to ship the item, assuming they haven’t said that shipping would be delayed for some reason.

OP
OP
M

m33h24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. To provide more color, person sent me a payment request on Saturday via Venmo, and I subsequently made pymt shortly thereafter. Reached out Monday, Tuesday, and today asking for updates..no response whatsoever. What’s maddening is I noticed that the member is online daily. I understand ppl are busy and sometimes have things happening but figured a courtesy response would be appropriate. For some $600 is a lot of $$.

Really thought the person I sent $ to was/is legit given he’s been a member for a few years with good amount of posts and thread.

Will wait until Friday before getting to the point of concern and possibly taking action. Thanks again all.

OP
OP
M

m33h24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello- wanted to provide an update. Seller reached and all is good. Thank you to all those who responded. Have a great weekend.

Back