Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another late update, apologies.

I finally got tired of the slimer.

bdbw0cs.jpg

gljuVao.jpg

Latest FTS
7OWGnMT.jpg

Latest readings low again, and the calcium doser is still irregular even after a head replacement so it must be the motor.

KH 6.1
Calcium 355
Mg 1350

Dumped 430ml of calcium in at once. Everything seemed to love it. Raised Alk to 6.5 since I never see any issues correcting Alk when it's below 7KH.

Some top downs.

Horrida
MAfTUki.jpg

Pinkish milli
5WD9jAe.jpg

Lokani continues a nice recovery
K1BmilY.jpg

The red cap and setosa enjoying rapid growth now that the shade f the slimer is gone. As you can see, though, the slimer will never be gone.
nwxgkuX.jpg

Reddish acro doing well
hPNkuzM.jpg

Unnamed, Unnamed, and Red Robin
m4SOTd1.jpg

Years in recovery, I bought this locally, crashed the tank, a small bit survived but stayed brown for a year, now growth exploding. It's finally back to the color I bought it at.
vhJtDdH.jpg

The Red Robin has been a steady red for a while now. It may be the fixed calcium issue, it may be the 5 drops of Pohls Extra super duper special I'm adding daily, it may be the age of the coral or the tank. /shrug

EZyz6Ul.jpg

I need to get out my wide angle lens to get the big acros on the right side of the tank. A nice problem to have, but if this tank is to survive I'm going to have to buckle down and do some very heavy trimming .... maybe next year.

The tank looks beautiful and great pictures!

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
those are some amazing colonies!

how long have you been dosing the Phols Xtra and how much? What have you noticed it does?

OP
OP
markalot

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are some amazing colonies!

how long have you been dosing the Phols Xtra and how much? What have you noticed it does?

Thanks.

A couple of months, 5 drops daily. No clue if it does anything, but doesn't seem to hurt. I think I see faded colors when I skip a few doses, but you know it could be my imagination. I had a large bottle so I'm using it ... when it's gone I may or may not order more. :D

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks.

A couple of months, 5 drops daily. No clue if it does anything, but doesn't seem to hurt. I think I see faded colors when I skip a few doses, but you know it could be my imagination. I had a large bottle so I'm using it ... when it's gone I may or may not order more. :D

thanks!

OP
OP
markalot

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Did your Alk/Cal uptake change when you cut out that massive slimer?

I cut the dose in half and my guess is it dropped by 40ml two part daily, but it picked up again within a month and is now higher than ever. My guess is improved lighting and flow caused the remaining acros to put on some good growth.

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered a calcium reactor? I recently switched from fauna Marin balling to a tunze calcium reactor on my 90 gallon SPS tank and it really Mede things simpler and easier.

OP
OP
markalot

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered a calcium reactor? I recently switched from fauna Marin balling to a tunze calcium reactor on my 90 gallon SPS tank and it really Mede things simpler and easier.

Using BRS bulk Ca and Alk it would take 3 or 4 years to equal the cost of a big calcium reactor so I'm not interested. I know they are awesome, I know they are good at adding trace elements back into the water if you use the right media but it's just another point of failure and I have no experience with them.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Mark! Beautiful pictures!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back